Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Okay Okay. I know what I said.
I was there remember.
I saw the words fall from my finger tips and into my keyboard.
It was me who pressed the "Submit" button.

But it all seems so long ago.
Time lost through the mists of minif56.com page turning.
Indulging myself with others opinions.
Allowing my frail state of mind be turned and twisted against itself.....

I blame this site.

I had offered to hand in my badge and gun to the Lieutenant if I changed my spec but I now wonder if it is really my fault that I have once again had my head turned.

Fortunately some of you will be glad to learn the although my head was turned in another direction, it wasn't toward the Volcanic side.
I can honestly say I have kept the faith and resisted that temptation.

No, this morning I found myself in some kind of trance. It was like an out of body experience.
I had called the dealer to make sure the Bonnet Stripes had been removed from the order.
Once Nick, the salesman, had found my order on the system and confirmed that yes, my request on Monday to remove the Stripes had been duly put through I found myself asking "and what status is it currently at"?
"1100" was the reply "So if you would like to make any other alterations I would do it now as it looks like it is due to trip over to the next stage and you can no longer really change then" he added.

I don't even remember my lips moving but I could hear the words leaving my mouth.
"Really?" was the reply; And before I could stop myself, I heard "Well in that case, I will change to Moonwalk Grey, remove the Darkened Glass and change the Electric Powerfold to the Auto Dimming Rear View and Side Mirrors WITH Electric Powerfold Mirrors included"

And that was it.

It was done.

I hung my head in shame at the thought of having to leave the site.

Secretly I was smiling though. My evil brain side was thinking of a way out and I am sure if you have managed to get to this point of my verbal stool water then you too will agree I have nothing to feel guilty for and my previous claims of "If I change again I'll leave" as they have been proven to have been made under duress.

Or shall I get my coat.......:crying:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New spec is now

MCS Auto

Moonwalk Grey with black roof and mirror caps
Cloth Black Leatherette, Black Trimline, Chequered
Black 17" Cosmos Alloys
Chili Pack
Media/Nav XL
Harman Kardon
Auto Dimming with Powerfold Mirrors
Heated front screen
LED Fogs
LED Headlights with Daylight Running
Anthracite Headlining.

Thats it for me.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Volcanic Orange left

:D

But seriously Cameron - The last week I have seen Deep Blue - lovely though with white not with black roof which didn't suit it in my opinion

Moonwalk Grey at the dealership - nice with black roof and black wheels

Silver White on the road black roof black wheels

and

Volcanic Orange black roof silver wheels in London

Now - I'm happy with my VO with black wheels - looking forward to it - I know I've done the right thing

I want to say though that if their was no such thing as VO I would go for the Silver white hands down - on the road it was absolutely beautiful with led lights

But it's your choice - Volcanic Orange one last time?

·
Registered
340 Posts
At this risk of upsetting the VO Brigade.....VO is going to be soooooooo common!

I like your choice!

·
Registered
281 Posts
At this risk of upsetting the VO Brigade.....VO is going to be soooooooo common!

I like your choice!
You may be right - I actually saw two today, in the space of a few hours - both VO with black roofs and wheels - and very stunning they looked too - one a cooper and one a cooper s, both in the Manchester area - and as you all know a region with very good taste !!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Don't listen to Andy

He believes the world is still in black and white like the old comic book strips of the 1920's

My secret is out! Your comment actually made me PMSL >:D

Reactions: GoKart7

·
Registered
45 Posts
New spec is now

MCS Auto

Moonwalk Grey with black roof and mirror caps
Cloth Black Leatherette, Black Trimline, Chequered
Black 17" Cosmos Alloys
Chili Pack
Media/Nav XL
Harman Kardon
Auto Dimming with Powerfold Mirrors
Heated front screen
LED Fogs
LED Headlights with Daylight Running
Anthracite Headlining.

Thats it for me.
I went by your pic & thought you were going for white silver, I've just posted a couple of pics of my white silver I collected today... Sure we can't tempt you back??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts