Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know which options can be retro or dealer fitted? In other words which options can I add on to my Mini once it has been delivered? Sat Nav? Harmon Kardon Sound? Sunroof? Parking Camera? All? :)

Thanks
SM

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would argue that anything can be retrofitted it's just whether it makes financial sense to do so. If a car is in an accident you can order and replace any part, but if retrofitting the 8.8" full entertainment/navigation system as an example, and it cost two to three times' as much as the option at the factory, I can't see either a dealership or customer wanting to foot that bill.

Then there's the experience of the technicians involved which needs to be considered.

The question is then what can be retrofitted easily, but I guess we don't know yet. You could trawl the pages on realoem.com......

·
Registered
82 Posts
UK Mini are missing a trick here as there's some ace kit on the German site, even Japan has some good accessories seems that it's only the Brits that are slow in the merchandising area:rolleyes:
Similar situation with the UK deliveries, the rest of the globe are getting stock so why do we have to wait 3 months plus????? Or is it due to the British way to wait & always form a queue?:mad:

·
Super Moderator
8,059 Posts
Mm sunroof! In the factory the roof is a totally different item .do you want a tin opener applied to your.roof!Gulp. However.trims and nonelectrics.are easy!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good day everyone,

So the official retro/dealer fit options can be found on the German MINI site, I would have thought that the UK site would have been updated first but...

Here goes: http://www.mini.de/accessories/model_selection/index.html

Many of them are not even on the realoem site, weird.

Spain too has them listed on the Mini Spain website.

I have seen a lot of them on realoem,

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partgrp?id=XM52-EUR-04-2015-F56-Mini-Cooper&mg=51

they are at the end of the page...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts