Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Cooper (non-S) F56 - 2019
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a Mini Cooper (non-S) 1.5 Turbo LCI, 2019. My stock steering wheel does not come with paddle shifts.
I am looking to retrofit a JCW Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift, all other controls are the same as the current one (no ACC).

My question is: other off course them replacing the steering wheel AND to properly code it to enable the paddles. Do I need any extra wiring due to the Paddle Shifts? How can I confirm it.

I appreciate if anyone who wen’t over this retrofit process to share their experience on replacing the wheel, to ensure connections are made with proper communication for the Paddles AND the coding.

Many thanks,

Henrique

·
Registered
Mini Cooper (non-S) F56 - 2019
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe you guys knows and can help me with the question above... Can you check my post above @empo @adrian.radu @Umlautian

I own a Mini Cooper 1.5 Turbo F56 LCI 2019, Automatic Transmission 7-Speed. I have ordered a JCW Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift to replace my stock steering wheel that does not have paddle shifts.
I know I need to do the proper coding to enable the paddle shifts. From what I have researched this is what I need in terms of Coding:

1) BDC_BODY -> PADDLES_VERBAULT (set to "aktiv" - default "nicht_aktiv")
2) EGS -> Sport T/M (set to "enabled" - default "disabled")

The JCW Steering Wheel that I ordered already comes with the Steering Wheel Wire Set.

My question now is:
Will I need any extra wiring from where the new Steering Wheel to Body Domain Controller (BDC)?

If I need any extra wire, what is exactly what I need? Any one has a diagram that shows what needs to be connected and where?

Regards,
Henrique

1 - 2 of 2 Posts