Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Mini forum members,

While making the configuration for the MINI Cooper (for my sister) and MINI Cooper S (for a friend of mine) I was hesitant but still clicked on the MINI JCW. What a car...
1) Of all the retrofits possible, I would like to know whether the "ring"around the central screen can be retrofitted. I think it looks so cool. Image attached.
The mini I have in mind is equipped with MINI Visual Boos (Cooper) and the Cooper S is with the XL navi.

2) On JCW i also noticed that the inserts in the doors with Fiber Alloy are of somewhat similar colour. On the Cooper configurator the inserts with Fiber Alloy appear to be piano black?

Thank you for your feedback!

P.S. so happy that Fiber Alloy was added additionally in spite of my dealer complaining that the car will look too busy

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
2) On JCW i also noticed that the inserts in the doors with Fiber Alloy are of somewhat similar colour. On the Cooper configurator the inserts with Fiber Alloy appear to be piano black?
Sometime around March-ish MINI changed the door bezel for the MINI Yours Fiber Alloy to be Dark Silver instead of piano black. So now off-white gets off-white, Dark Silver and Fiber Alloy get Dark Silver, and everything else gets piano black.

The ever-so-reliable configurator has not yet been changed to reflect this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sometime around March-ish MINI changed the door bezel for the MINI Yours Fiber Alloy to be Dark Silver instead of piano black. So now off-white gets off-white, Dark Silver and Fiber Alloy get Dark Silver, and everything else gets piano black.

The ever-so-reliable configurator has not yet been changed to reflect this.

Normally BMW issues new releases around March, July or November. These are set timing for releasing new options. Call MINI to ask if you want to know for sure about changes. The configurator is known to be faulty and outdated.

By the way, you should be able to retrofit the ring, but they scratch easily and the mounting clips also break easily. But, for both screensizes the rings are the same, I haven't seen different sizes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh wow, but that ring is illuminated or it is using the same light from the visual boost light around the ring?

So you think that's possible... I kinda like the look of it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't have any hands-on experience with the JCW yet.. The plastic cover is replaceable in the One/Cooper, but didn't know it's illuminated in the JCW. Now I'm in doubt...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts