Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2017 Cooper S F56 with non-touch screen. Is it possible to change to a touchscreen and install Applecarplay? If so anyone know where I can purchase?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pm me Last 7 of your vin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi curious if it is in fact possible to change to a touchscreen and install Applecarplay... did you make it work?

·
Registered
211 Posts
You need to change the headunit and screen to make it work properly. Think of spending 1000+ euro

·
Registered
638 Posts
Not worth it. You can install CarPlay with a £130 bit of hardware and just use the iDrive controls if you don’t have a touch screen. Touch screen is a nightmare while driving anyway so once installed and you’ve got Siri on hand it shouldn’t matter!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not worth it. You can install CarPlay with a £130 bit of hardware and just use the iDrive controls if you don’t have a touch screen. Touch screen is a nightmare while driving anyway so once installed and you’ve got Siri on hand it shouldn’t matter!
That its a nightmare is your opinion... i rarely use the controller since i have touchscreen. But yea for 130 its a cheap alternative tbh...

·
Registered
Mini Cooper (non-S) F56 - 2019
19 Posts
My Mini is a Cooper (non-S model), Model 2019, the Head Unit is the HU-B. Since I don’t have GPS, per some documentation I was reading this is also known as Head Unit ENTRY MEDIA (with options: SA6FP Radio Visual Boost, S6AP Remote Services, S6AK Connected Drive Services, S6NM MINI Connected and S6AE Teleservices). This is also know as Entry Head Unit Media. This is a low line business version introduced in 3/2014 (that is what I found so far). If you are curious this is my VIM last 7-digit: TK95948.

Maybe @empo and @dekota28, can help to clear my understand... Is HU ENTRY MEDIA (HU-B) a simplified version of NBT EVO?

The reason I ask this, is because I am searching for an Apple CarPlay Box (such as CarlinKit) and their support said that my car is compatible with their NBT EVO CarPlay Box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts