Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Hatch JCW LCI2
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all and I thought I’d start with an introduction.

So after a slight delay, semi-conductor chip related, Ive been contacted by my dealer to say our new JCW 3 door hatch has been released from the Oxford plant after waiting for the missing H & K amplifier to be fitted and should be with us next week.

This will be my third mini now. First was a 2002 Cooper S with that wonderful supercharger whine, a few cars between , then a Paceman S before moving onto a BMW M140 and now a return to the hatch with a JCW.

Spec (for anyone interested):

3 Door
Manual
Rebel Green with Black Roof & Mirrors
JCW sports seats
Nav Plus (Ordered just in time to get the digital dash)
Comfort Plus
H & K Sound (Again ordered just in time to get a slot but we’ve had a few weeks delay due to the Oxford plant running out of amplifiers)
18 Inch JCW wheels
Intelligent Adaptive Suspension (Interested to see how this is)
Darkened Rear Glass
JCW Steering Wheel
Black Line Finisher (Not a fan of the chrome exterior line)

Thanks for reading and all the great topics I’ve been reading. Fingers crossed things start picking up again re the semi-conductor chip shortage.

Tom

·
Registered
Mini Hatch JCW LCI2
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Delivered to the dealer on 20th June, collecting 24th July. Amp got delivered 9am monday morning and fitted at 10am😄
Nice - it will be interesting to check the amplifier to see if it’s the intended one or a make do and mend alternative.

My car was one that got held at the Oxford plant and only just on the way to the dealership now. They are keen and so am I for collection end of next week.

I have to praise my dealership as they provided us a free courtesy car while this has been sorted. We sold the M140i to their group buyer based on the initial delivery date.

·
Registered
Mini Hatch JCW LCI2
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the black line finisher - mine has chrome as I couldn't see on the config how to change? Is this dependent on colour choice?
I couldn’t see it on the configurator either - I asked the dealer and they managed to add it to the order.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good afternoon all and I thought I’d start with an introduction.

So after a slight delay, semi-conductor chip related, Ive been contacted by my dealer to say our new JCW 3 door hatch has been released from the Oxford plant after waiting for the missing H & K amplifier to be fitted and should be with us next week.

This will be my third mini now. First was a 2002 Cooper S with that wonderful supercharger whine, a few cars between , then a Paceman S before moving onto a BMW M140 and now a return to the hatch with a JCW.

Spec (for anyone interested):

3 Door
Manual
Rebel Green with Black Roof & Mirrors
JCW sports seats
Nav Plus (Ordered just in time to get the digital dash)
Comfort Plus
H & K Sound (Again ordered just in time to get a slot but we’ve had a few weeks delay due to the Oxford plant running out of amplifiers)
18 Inch JCW wheels
Intelligent Adaptive Suspension (Interested to see how this is)
Darkened Rear Glass
JCW Steering Wheel
Black Line Finisher (Not a fan of the chrome exterior line)

Thanks for reading and all the great topics I’ve been reading. Fingers crossed things start picking up again re the semi-conductor chip shortage.

Tom

View attachment 74715
how long ago did you order this car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered end of April. Due June however had a month delay for the HK issue.
I was curious because I ordered mine end of April as well; however, they removed the HK option completely from my order, It is well passed the estimated delivery date and i havent recieved any updates from the dealership.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was curious because I ordered mine end of April as well; however, they removed the HK option completely from my order, It is well passed the estimated delivery date and i havent recieved any updates from the dealership.
The other poster probably got a slot the dealership already had, so got the HK. Pretty quick delivery even with the delay of a month

·
Registered
Mini Hatch JCW LCI2
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I see you have the USA 🇺🇸 flag on your profile - are you based there still for the order? Not sure but this might be affecting your order perhaps?

My dealer had very little information and stated Mini U.K. told them very little. Apparently there are 500 cars in the U.K. affected with the missing amplifier issue. Think we were super lucky getting a chassis number assigned before the HK was removed from orders.

·
Registered
Mini Hatch JCW LCI2
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The other poster probably got a slot the dealership already had, so got the HK. Pretty quick delivery even with the delay of a month
The dealer at the time stated due to having a chassis number assigned at the factory for our order that we managed to keep the HK.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts