Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,My wife owned a 2010 Mini cooper s,which was a stunning little car ,spoilt by a succession of engine,trim,and electrical issues.
She has just test driven a new Mini Cooper ( not the S)
Do any of you who have owned a new model Cooper feel that that it is really so much better than the previous model.
All the reviews suggest a major improvement,but owners tend to be better informed,any advice ,warnings would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,all the best

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have owned all of the 3 generations of the new MINI. My husband has had a countryman and now a new 5 door. Both of us are totally impressed with the new model. Overall the fit and finish are so much better.
Annette

Reactions: 02fanatic

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've got a new cooper D. I've had it since October 2014 and done 7k miles. The only month I've had with no new or ongoing issues was April. However, I'm assured my case is unusual. I'm currently pursuing compensation to help me get a new mini; because despite the problems it is a great car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I owned a 2002 Cooper for 5 years from new and now a 2015 Cooper. The new car feels a bit bigger and most aspects have improved in that time; I think the 3 cylinder engine is the star of the package though - very torquey, but economical (47-52 mpg in first 2500 miles). You would have to love diesel to justify an oil burner now. The turbo petrol is obviously being strangled by the ECU to avoid the car being too good for the old 4 cylinder engine to fit into the range. Once its out of warranty I will probably fix that with a re-map. It's a thoroughly usable nippy car that brings a smile to all who drive it

We parked next to a 2003 car the other day and the difference in size is more than I had imagined; its like it has grown up a class.

So build quality, drive, comfort fit and finish all better - what's not to like?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I have too agree the fit and finish is the best I have seen in a car for 25K or under.:)
What if you've spent more than £25k? :eek: is it not up to industry standards then? Haha just pulling your leg! :p

I had a Cooper D and had nothing but issues with it, with your car being a first batch 2014 reg car like mine was then I'd get cracking with them and don't stop until they agree to take your car back.. Took me 4 months to get them to take it back but saved myself of £4500 negative equity if I'd of traded it in.

Also I've heard the Cooper is great to drive, I know the Cooper D felt quick so I'm sure the Cooper would do just fine. :) I'd suggest ordering a new one though rather than a pre-registered model as I had nothing but issues with mine, plus there's often better deals on factory orders!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
I came from a 2010 Cooper s which I totally loved ex the run flats but one drive in an f56 cooper was enough. I wanted one straight away. 2014 car just seems great. I love it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.