Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Chris I'm 25 from North Wales and have just purchased my third MINI, an F56 Cooper S in volcanic orange!

I've been driving Citroen DS3s for a couple of years, before that I had a laser blue R56 Cooper S with JCW aerokit. My very first car back in 2007/2008 was a Mini One R50 in liquid yellow again with the full aerokit :) I always seem to end up back in a MINI!

A local dealer sent me an F56 brochure back before launch and I new I had to have one, specifically in VO! I got my car last week, 6 months old with 2k on the clock. I hadn't even driven an F56 or seen VO ain't real life, and bought the car "blind" and had it delivered from Edinburgh. I was a bit nervous but I must say I could not be happier with it! Refinement is miles ahead of my old R56 and R50.

Here are some pictures after its first "MINI" detail!

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Very nice .I went from a laser blue Cooper s to this f56 cooper. Impressed so far, hope you are.

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
PS had Citroen in the past, once bitten twice shy!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Congratulations.

Looks a mirror image of mine.. Hope your enjoying the car and the sound of the Turbo/dump valve and exhaust burble??

You are right, the refinement is very BMW like. Nothing like the Mini it replaces.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the kind comments :) I am very pleased with my car!

jeremybingham - I'm yet to drive a new Cooper, how do you find it in terms of performance compared with the R56 MCS?

Peterg - ours are almost identical except yours has the LED headlights which mine unfortunately does not :( hoping to retrofit them in the future. Nevertheless, one of the best combinations in my opinion!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a similar story. I traded in a second gen Pepperwhite hatchback for a BMW 328xi. I drove the Bimmer for about two weeks and then realized I would inevitably return to MINI. Once the F56 came out, I went right back to MINI.

I have a Thunder Grey Cooper S and I love it!

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Hi Chris I had a cooper s though r56 before this and loved it . However I have motorbike for my b road blasts and after some serious machinery was beginning to feel that a fast car was pointles I spent most of my time sat behind traffic or worrying about speed cameras! Fell in love with the 3 cylinder engine note and its quite nippy so just used the cash I saved to spec it to my desires! So . Far so in love and it's quite nippy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats, :) Why oo Why don't the striped go to the bottom of the Bonnet!
Number plate looks wonky too.. haha :) Have fun..!
Thanks Dave.

YES the number plates are wonky, both of them. However my private plate should be transferred soon, so I'll be replacing (and straightening) them anyway.

However I didn't notice about the stripes! Knowing me, they will be off in six months or so when I fancy a change of appearance.

P.S good choice of car ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks Dave.

YES the number plates are wonky, both of them. However my private plate should be transferred soon, so I'll be replacing (and straightening) them anyway.

However I didn't notice about the stripes! Knowing me, they will be off in six months or so when I fancy a change of appearance.

P.S good choice of car ;)

Their all like it, drives me mad. Indeed VO/Black is defo an eye catcher.

Nice to see some more people from Wales on board. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.