Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New to this forum and currently have a Mini Cooper S on extended test drive.

I'm finding while pressing on that the rev counter is not that easy to see (maybe my old age too lol) when it's close to the red line and I've hit the limiter a few times already before changing up on a spirited drive.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the lights around the centre console change colour to red when it's close to the rev limiter similar to a shift light but it doesn't do this on the car I have.

Is there an option to have this displayed?

The car also has a Head up display (no Nav or Driver assist pack) so only shows speed and phone radio info as far as I know. Not sure if something can be shown on the HUD regarding rev limit lights?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just been doing some searching and noticed there is an settings option for "Engine Speed" to have the rev lights as in thread below -

"minif56.com/forum/289-mini-f56-general-discussion/14585-engine-speed-led-ring-red.html"

Only problem is that I cannot find this option in my settings? Is there an option pack or extra that is factory fitted to have this feature?

(Unable to add the link as I have only 2 posts so added speech marks around it)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I use the center pod light surround for my tach all the time.....I've never redlined but it is suppose to turn to red from white. I find the std tach location a but small....maybe it should be located on the right side instead of the left?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.