Mini Cooper Forum banner

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

36K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  F60Mini 
#1 ·
Dear all,
I have just picked up my brand new 2018 plate Cooper S from Mini York - I have Chilli Pack, excitement pack,autogearbox and all the mod cons [apart from Front parking sensors and the Advanced Parking Assistant ( the auto parking option)] When i put it in reverse gear the reverse sensors and the rear camera shows up however, I am unable to figure out how to activate the the Parking Guide Lines on the reverse camera. There is no options available for the menu like in the previous 2015 F56? 9 my car is the 2018 with britsh flag lights.
Anyone knows how to activate the guide lines on reverse camera?

I don't know if the guide lines aren't there since I haven't taken the full front sensors? which would be illogical in my understanding, as the system is priced separately on Mini and tats how I configured the car.)
:eek:
My dealer is still trying to help me and figure out, so awaiting his guidance as well, but in the mean time if someone from here knows then it would be great!!
let me know if anyone of you are aware of this issue with their car?

Kind regards
S

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Dear all,
I have just picked up my brand new 2018 plate Cooper S from Mini York - I have Chilli Pack, excitement pack,autogearbox and all the mod cons [apart from Front parking sensors and the Advanced Parking Assistant ( the auto parking option)] When i put it in reverse gear the reverse sensors and the rear camera shows up however, I am unable to figure out how to activate the the Parking Guide Lines on the reverse camera. There is no options available for the menu like in the previous 2015 F56? 9 my car is the 2018 with britsh flag lights.
Anyone knows how to activate the guide lines on reverse camera?

I don't know if the guide lines aren't there since I haven't taken the full front sensors? which would be illogical in my understanding, as the system is priced separately on Mini and tats how I configured the car.)
:eek:
My dealer is still trying to help me and figure out, so awaiting his guidance as well, but in the mean time if someone from here knows then it would be great!!
let me know if anyone of you are aware of this issue with their car?

Kind regards
S
I have the same problem with my 2019 mini. I cannot activate the guide lines on the screen. Its very annoying. The menu options, seen on other models, is non existent. Have queried this with my dealership but unable to resolve the problem. Have to accept that guide lines on the reversing camera do not exist. It will definitely influence which car i go for next.

#9 ·
Hey. Not the gear lever (well pop that in reverse too so the camera comes up) but the iDrive controller which should look like either of the photos attached.

When the reverse camera is on and the controller is toggled left, the options should come up on the screen which you can scroll through by turning the iDrive controller wheel.

#11 ·
Hi. Thanks for the information. Very clear and understood. New to having a MINI and terminology new to me.
Carried out your instructions and all worked well. Now have the guidelines on the reversing camera with the menu options to switch it on or off.
Thanks for the input.

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.