Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All. New to the Mini community with a 2019 MCS (US variant). Is there a way to turn on the reverse / backup camera view without putting the car into reverse, i.e. a simple toggle? I can't seem to find a way, and as such, am assuming there is not, but perhaps I am just missing where the option may be. This is something I've gotten used to on other cars I've owned and am hoping I can do so on the Mini as well.

Thanks.

UPDATE: While continuing to search after submitting my post I was able to find additional posts stating that if you have the 'Parking Assistant Pack' a toggle button is present, but if you just have PDC, you are unable to toggle manually. Figured I'd leave this in place should anyone else search and come across this post first.

·
Registered
2021 F56 Cooper SE Level 2
82 Posts
The F55 Cooper S Sport I just sold had parking assist and the toggle switch but from memory it didn't activate the reversing camera, it just enabled or disabled the PDC sensors. I only ever used it if the sensors were going off but I wanted to silence them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The F55 Cooper S Sport I just sold had parking assist and the toggle switch but from memory it didn't activate the reversing camera, it just enabled or disabled the PDC sensors. I only ever used it if the sensors were going off but I wanted to silence them.
Ah, okay, thanks for the additional detail. So it sounds like it didn't matter one way or the other, and that the camera cannot be toggled manually regardless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts