Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Suffice it to say that I don't agree with the opinion of the reviewer in question. And one of my issues with reviewers in general is that they are paid to present their subjective opinions as if they were objective fact.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Largely positive. However:

These are the ways in which the MINI Cooper S Hardtop is a knockout. It’s a taut, fast, and fashionable little coupe with a penchant for performance. Sadly, though, for nearly $40,000, it sure as **** ought to do a lot more than tickle my eardrums and plaster a grin on my face in on a high-spirited motoring session. Sadly, it doesn’t.

Well, then, don't lard the thing up with umpteen thousands of dollars worth of options, then. My car is just as nice, just as much fun and cost nowhere near $40K. And it's ORANGE.

After my immediate infatuation with the MINI’s charms wore off, I was left with the stark reality of the flaws in the British racing coupe around me. For starters, the suspension is unjustifiably stiff, which is sadly accentuated by the run-flat tires. I’m still relatively young and likely well below the buyer bracket for this car. I suspect that the middle-age real estate agents actually buying this car will find it unforgivingly rigid. I mean, unless they want to have their fillings kicked out and their vertebrae fused.

Vertebrae and fillings are overrated.

Guess how the great handling is produced? Not by making the suspension wobbly and soft. Suck it up, buttercup.

I have the Sports Suspension, which I expect would instantly kill the writer of the review. But despite being middle aged, years of determined consumption of Cheap Red Wine have softened my kidneys/liver/pancreas/whatever to the point where I can hit the occasional bump without pureeing my innards.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm guessing at $40K MSRP, not only did he also have the sport suspension, but likely 18" rims. Add in the run flats that he already mentioned were on it and I'm not overly surprised he felt it was too stiff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts