Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone in Australia knows if this system works here? I know you have to have the driver assistance package, but is this another thing disabled for the Australian market?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thats a good question. When i bought my mini i really wanted the drivers assist package for this very reason and also the adaptive cruise control but i didnt end up getting it.
I cant see why the camera shouldnt read the sign and interpret it but stranger things have happened like mini connected.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a reference to where you can turn it on in the settings, but it doesn't seem to be available in my car. Yet another thing we can't have in the Nanny state......:(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Skullee,

I am sorry to say it will not work in Australia. It has something to do with our road signs, the system can not pick them up, I have heard it works in some countries, for example in New Zealand, the system works on some islands, but not on others, different road signs.

So that is another one to cross off the list.

Just wondering if anyone in Australia knows if this system works here? I know you have to have the driver assistance package, but is this another thing disabled for the Australian market?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think one of the reasons it might be disabled in Australia is because it might get confused reading speed signs .. ie. It might read the maximum speed limit sign/sticker on a Truck and think it's safe to do 100km/h in a 60 zone.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think one of the reasons it might be disabled in Australia is because it might get confused reading speed signs .. ie. It might read the maximum speed limit sign/sticker on a Truck and think it's safe to do 100km/h in a 60 zone.
Is it something that can be coded in do you think to enable it?

Would be nice to have this. I thought it was available here. Sad that it is not.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the capability coded into my car however all it would show on the HUD is the red circle with white background and "---". For some reason the Map data is not being passed onto the system.

Anyway it's disappointing it does not work here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am REALLY disappointed. I bought the driving assist package because I want that function.
Today (18/08/2016) I picked up my car and found out it does not work in Australia. NOT HAPPY !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts