Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, who here has decals?

Did you have them added after purchase? How much did they cost you?

The brochure says £109 but calling the dealer (I've spoken to Halliwell Jones and Sytner) and they've both quoted in the £400 region fitted... It seems a lot!

I don't fancy doing it myself, but I'm just plucking up the courage to pay £400... If anyone has a dealer contact who are doing it for less please let me know!

And in the meantime, show us your decals!!! :D

·
Registered
763 Posts
Not sure how your dealer is, but mine doesn't install the roof or bonnet decals, the send the car out to have them done and then charge you $300 or more for it. Cheaper option is to order the decals and take your car to an auto graphics installer and have them do it. Or have a graphics installer design and install something custom for you.

I wanted the sport stripes on mine but not at the dealer install price, I ordered them from the parts department and installed them myself, took me about an hour for the boot and bonnet.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
This is something i'm also looking, would love to get the JCW sticker on the roof but unsure where to go from here without paying an absolute fortune. 400 pounds sounds absolutely overpriced for a decal on the roof. I can have my car carbon wrapped for that price - well nearly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They really saw you coming!. I have worked in the design industry for over twenty years and I've never heard of such an obsurd quote. The material is only worth about £10 at the most but the labour would be charged at an hour to apply; therefore £100 mark is more realistic. I had them applied for £80 through the mini dealer when I bought the car. If I was you I'd just find out who you local dealer users and then go direct. Failing that search for vinyl decals (they tend to be sign manufacturers) where you live. I guarantee it will be a company within a 10 mile radius of the dealership. DO NOT PAY £400 or £300 or £200 or £150! And when you have it sorted name and shame the person that was trying to get one over you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, who here has decals?

Did you have them added after purchase? How much did they cost you?

The brochure says £109 but calling the dealer (I've spoken to Halliwell Jones and Sytner) and they've both quoted in the £400 region fitted... It seems a lot!

I don't fancy doing it myself, but I'm just plucking up the courage to pay £400... If anyone has a dealer contact who are doing it for less please let me know!

And in the meantime, show us your decals!!! :D

Just to give you an idea, it's even cheaper on eBay!

http://www.demongraphics.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=11

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do have the Union Jack Flag on the sunroof of my F56 JCW. I love it for different reasons. Firstly, of course, I love the unique design that it give to my car. But secondly it also reduce the heat inside the car during summer when parked outside, as it protect you against sun light when driving (instead of using the blind protection). I paid around £100.- for the sticker (which is in 2 parts to fit the sun roof) and then I paid approx £80.- (CHF 100.-) for the installation.

·
Registered
49 Posts
roof black jack

got a quote from halliwell jones in Southport for a black jack
fitted to the roof for £280 all in. they use a place in the Wirral
called elite films.:)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Thanks, I didn't know how to get it until my wife told me that I had to order it with the red roof. I think it is installed at the port here in the US along with some other items. Sort of strange they way they do it as some of the extras are installed by the dealers. I imagine the roof decal is somewhat difficult to install correctly.

·
Registered
763 Posts
At one point I considered the red and checked JCW Pro Roof Graphic, my dealer showed part number 51142354990 is available for black roof only. I didn't end up doing it since I have roof rails and thought it wouldn't look as good with the black roof rails sticking up out of the red side graphics.

Reactions: Fartnugget

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The online MINI Accessories website suggests a fitting time of 60 minutes.... they are on the take if they're charging £300/hr labour! If i was you, i'd give it a bash yourself!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Managed to get it down to £150 + vat for fitting but still seems a lot... Have approached some local signage companies instead.

They want the car for a day to do the job! But still, £107 + vat for the part and £150 + vat for fitting is £308 all in.

If someone can do it for £200 all in I may take them up!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got a quote tonight from a local company who are happy for me to buy the genuine Mini decals and they will fit them for £70 all in...

Happy days! Watch this space...!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Found an even better quote from an even more local company who do a good job of the local recovery company's fleet as well as some good example (including Mini's!) on their website!

It's booked in for Wednesday 9th March to be done, can't wait to see the result. I'll get some pictures up when it's done.

So...

£107 including VAT for the vinyl from Mini and £50 including VAT for fitting :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great stuff, nice job as well. Mini/BMW really know how to rip people off. I was going to suggest a local garage/body shop as it's an easy job for them but you have already done that!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts