Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So my MINI is somewhere around the middle of the Atlantic right now (Yay ship tracking!), but I'm already making plans for accessories. I had mine built with the roof rails option, but noting the "limited production" note, I wonder how I can be sure roof rack accessories will *actually* work for my car. Obviously there aren't many aftermarket sites that know what a 2016 MINI 2HT is yet, and I'm guessing it's an uncommon option.

Does anyone know where I can find stuff designed for these roof rails, or did I kind of just blow $250 on a feature that'll be hard to find a use for?

·
Super Moderator
8,831 Posts
The bmw mini roof bars are a superb design but they are similar to countryman/clubman so perhaps aftermarkets will fit. The mini bike carrier looks good too with a lift to help hoist the bikes up; you know they're going to be quality. Not cheap of course. I did look at the mini roof box but it's just a leap too far; the aftermarket ones all fit the bars happily and are much better value but not perhaps so good to look at!

Is there anything else you might need!
The bmw bars fit in seconds and the tightening system even has a torque regulator so you dont ever over or under tighten! BRILIANT IMO.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just getthe MINI cross bars - they are superb - fit easily and look great! This will allow you to mount anything. The thule cross bars look very ugly as the cross bars stick out the sides instead of looking finished.

I liked the look of the bars so much I left them on. A cheap way to make the car look more Rally style. Check out my photo albums to get an idea of the sporty look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.