Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just noticed that the black roofline (gutter) on my 2014 F56 is starting to show corrosion under the black trim where it meets the A pillar.

I'm thinking it might be possible to cut the black trim on the underside, peel it back, clean out the corrosion and stick the trim back down. Or make a clean cut in the black and use some black belt line tape to make as good a repair as possible?

Has anyone tackled this or does anyone know of an alternate way to fix this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's really really unusual, have you had a new screen and the paint has been damaged?
Not to my knowledge.
The car is relatively new to me but there is nothing in its history to indicate a replacement screen.

My description was a bit vague so here is a photo.
You can see the corrosion starting under the black coating.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Hi @Everywhen

Never had to deal with this myself but I have seen this part removed in order to have PPF applied on the roof

IMO I would remove that roof molding/rain gutter trim and discard it, resolve the issue with corrosion and install a new one :)
- The MINI is a '14, maybe the trim is cracked/worn and its allowing more water underneath it causing the issue

MINI OEM part number: 51337300002
ECS Tuning site with pictures of the underside of the component
: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-mini-parts/roof-molding-rain-gutter-right/51337300002/

I hope the issue gets resolved and keep us posted,

Rich

·
Super Moderator
8,540 Posts
As long as its the moulding and not the roof it's pretty common on many cars I've seen around but not Mini. As above,replace it asap?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts