Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I probably would go with the Mini Mats. They look better IMHO might be a better fit too. Several People complained on another Forum of mine that the Weather Tech are not a good fit. They are on Ebay right now for $ 63.00 :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the same Genuine Mini mats and I am now on my 2nd set , the rubber is very soft and seems to wear quickly where you rest your heel . I had mine in August 2014 and after 6 months they were showing a lot of wear . To be fair the dealer replaced them without any quibble but the 2nd set look to be the same material. I do spend alot of time in the car about 22-24K per year . I do think that the mats should last a year or two before showing appreciable wear.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Another alternative are coconut mats - hard woven fibers on top and rubber underneath. You might love the look or hate the look but they should keep the floor of your car from being a pool of slush. www.cocomats.com

·
Registered
505 Posts
I got those cool Mini floor mats as part of the love from my dealer and having lived in various snowy places like WNY, Colorado and North Dakota I can say without hesitation they will be unable to deal well with a MN winter. They just aren't deep enough and the sides aren't high enough. Great for rain and maybe light snow, but for what I know gets dragged into a vehicle... not so much. Way better than the stock mats, but I'd keep looking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts