Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I got asked to report on my choice of 17' with run flats when i listed my order. I have had the car about a month now and have covered around 600 miles, B roads A roads and motorway. I have found the run flats to be OK. They are punishing over potholes but for the most part i am impressed.

My R53 had the same setup and the ride was dreadful, a big improvement on the F56.

Another note: between my R53 and F56 i had a Focus ST3 2006. That car had 18' with standard tyres. The ride and road noise in my new F56 MCS with 17' and run flats is very similar to that of the ST3.

J

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have just over 600 miles on my runflats too and I agree that the ride and noise level aren't too bad. In fact, better than I expected.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ditto. I'm on 2500 miles with 17 wheels.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm at 13000km and have 17" run flats for summer and winter and I am impressed by the quality of the latest generation of run flats. I am not a passive driver, I tend to push the car on occasion. The run flats on the F56 (Pirelli in both cases) are much better than the R55 I used to drive. As well as the suspension set up makes a difference, in my case it's a variable dampening kind. I haven't driven a F56 with regular tires and would like to try that out, but I'd like to think that the difference would not be enough to make me want to change. I'd be interested in what those who have non run flats have to say.
Cheers,
Oost

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have runflats and after 700 miles, they saved me from a ruined Sunday yesterday. This is especially true because where I live neither dealerships nor tire stores are open on Sunday.

Driving back from seeing the new Avengers movie, I picked up a shard of wood in my left rear tire. After reading through the diagnostics and getting out and verifying the tire was still on the rim, I called the Mini Roadside assistance number and was told that I could limp it home as long as I stayed under 50 mph. It did so well, I limped it to the dealership this morning where they are fixing it now.

Wow. I never thought I'd be able to drive successfully on a flat tire.

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
That's impressive. I've got non run flats plus mousse! Gulp. My r56 s had continental 3 run flats and I loved putting my winter tyres on for the better ride and peace. Hankook winter icept non rf. Now I have non rf in my f56 it's the other way round the Dunlop sportmax seems much quieter and refined than my hankooks(which fitted my f56 after a new set of alloys tpms etc!)

In other words I'm really not a run flat fan but a puncture would probably change my mind!

Reactions: Tiger
1 - 7 of 7 Posts