Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick update on running costs, fuel specifically.

Miles covered = 2,305 since end July 2020
kWh used = 673.05
Average Miles per kWh = 3.42
Total Electricity Costs = £47.15

Pence per mile = £47.15 / 2305 = 2.05p
EV Miles Per Gallon based on the cost of a gallon of petrol = 266 mpg

This will continue to get better as the first month of charges at home was at the rate of 13.96p per kWh, I now charge at 5p per kWh, so a significantly better rate. At 5p per kWh I should be getting a cost per mile of 5p / 3.42 = 1.46p per mile (will improve in warmer weather). Also that does not include the free charging I get at ASDA, National Trust (when they are open again), Garden Centre (Tesla Destination charger), M&S car park, etc.

The biggest charge I have done at home was 16.28kWh at a cost of 81p :)

Happy Motoring!

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
You're better than us. Not managing free charges at Tesco due work and we're not on a night time tariff nor have smart meter so we pay 12.4p unit fixed for a year. We have done 1300miles and cost £65 but still v happy at that-5pmile ish or 120mpg at current petrol prices.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
113 Posts
Still not making the most of my Go tariff due to restricted charging, so at the moment I'm seeing the following.

Miles = 1606
kWh = 561
Avg m/kWh = 2.86
Current ppm = 4p
Roughly 209 mpg

These are what I would consider as conservative figures as I'm still waiting for my first electricity bill from Octopus so are all based on the figures from the mini app. Sadly no local free chargers yet for me to make the most of, but just a matter of time. Happy with the savings so far :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
If you're anything like me then you'll also be saving a good chunk on fuel station impulse purchases too. I only use v-power in the MINI so I use the app to pay on the forecourt...but in the past I've always topped up at the local Tesco fuel station and would quite often come out with £10-£15 of shopping that I didn't really need. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts