Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been trying to figure out all of the things that are come with the S over the base cooper (in the US). Anything I missed?

1) rear mounted speaker for artificial engine noise
2) chrome fuel filler cap
3) different body kit with intakes
4) hood intake
5) two rear fog lights instead of one
6) 4 cyl turbo
7) option for sport auto with launch control and paddles

·
Registered
200 Posts
S gets an Onboard computer
And S doesn't get a spare tire

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
What is different between the obc on the base and s model? It is a performance monitor?
OBC is standard on all models in the US and shows averages for MPG, speed, realtime MPG and speed, and range

1) Engine differences, obv: 3-cyl 1.5L / 4-cyl 2.0L
2) Yes, 2 extra midrange speakers for Activesound
3) Body kit
4) Performance control standard
5) Sport seats standard
6) Fog lights standard
7) Hood scoop and brake air ducts (both not really functional, but they look cool)
8) 16" wheels as standard
9) dual exhaust in the center

Also some options are only available with the S like Sport Automatic

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks like i covered it all then. Just checking

I am not interested in what is standard since it is technically available on the base. I am just looking for exclusives.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sirius zero,

let me ask a question that you would probably know the answer to.

If I order JCW interior pkg (which comes with JCW door sills) and then order the PIO of speedwell blue door sill plates, will they give me the jcw door sill plates to switch out (since I am technically paying for both) or are the accessory illuminated ones just tacked on top of the standard ones (since they are just battery operated)?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
sirius zero,

let me ask a question that you would probably know the answer to.

If I order JCW interior pkg (which comes with JCW door sills) and then order the PIO of speedwell blue door sill plates, will they give me the jcw door sill plates to switch out (since I am technically paying for both) or are the accessory illuminated ones just tacked on top of the standard ones (since they are just battery operated)?
Not clear on what you're trying to do...are you thinking about getting the illuminated ones?

If you get the JCW interior package, the JCW door sills get installed at the factory. Anything you get separately, they would have to peel the old ones off and refit the new ones in their place either at the VDC or at the dealership.

I'm not sure if the illuminated ones fit on top of the regular door sills though..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not clear on what you're trying to do...are you thinking about getting the illuminated ones?

If you get the JCW interior package, the JCW door sills get installed at the factory. Anything you get separately, they would have to peel the old ones off and refit the new ones in their place either at the VDC or at the dealership.

I'm not sure if the illuminated ones fit on top of the regular door sills though..
Yeah the dealer explained it to me as they would install any accessories that are residualized (PIO) at the port, and the illuminated door sills are one that I would order. But since I am ordering the JCW sills (in the pkg) from the factory, if they are separate pieces, do I get the JCW sills when they take them off (since i paid for them) or do the illuminated ones just go right on top of the jcw ones?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yeah the dealer explained it to me as they would install any accessories that are residualized (PIO) at the port, and the illuminated door sills are one that I would order. But since I am ordering the JCW sills (in the pkg) from the factory, if they are separate pieces, do I get the JCW sills when they take them off (since i paid for them) or do the illuminated ones just go right on top of the jcw ones?
i don't know if they go on top or not, but if they DO take the old ones off, I'm pretty sure you don't get them back, especially at the port - I don't think they can be reused. It's like a thin metal sticker.

Your parts dept would probably know better than me how they work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts