Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well today's the day-my 50th birthday present to myself goes in favour of a pepper white f54 s.If it werent such a beast i think i would be crying but it really does look the business. I shall be so so sad to get rid of my little cooper-fantastic engine, smooth economical and all the kit i ever wanted (as i went mad with the options list). I even did an interim oil change at 8k miles (now done nearly 16k and just had first proper service). Only had new rear shock absorber issue-never missed a beat other than that and put a smile on myface every time i've looked at it. Someone in Lincoln will be getting a great car! I said after keeping my Mr2 for 160,000 miles and 14 years that i would never get attached to a car again but i am and this is going to be a big wrench. The new one has some options missing i would have liked but am gaining some i wanted and couldnt afford; lounge leather for eg. So can't wait for the new arrival! mmm mixed emotions, nightmare-anyone else felt like this about cars or am i really a saddo?

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's Emmet; we've added bonnet stripes and he is an s (not that i think that's an advantage i really love the 3 cylinder!)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Well today's the day-my 50th birthday present to myself goes in favour of a pepper white f54 s.If it werent such a beast i think i would be crying but it really does look the business. I shall be so so sad to get rid of my little cooper-fantastic engine, smooth economical and all the kit i ever wanted (as i went mad with the options list). I even did an interim oil change at 8k miles (now done nearly 16k and just had first proper service). Only had new rear disc issue-never missed a beat other than that and put a smile on myface every time i've looked at it. Someone in Lincoln will be getting a great car! I said after keeping my Mr2 for 160,000 miles and 14 years that i would never get attached to a car again but i am and this is going to be a big wrench. The new one has some options missing i would have liked but am gaining some i wanted and couldnt afford; lounge leather for eg. So can't wait for the new arrival! mmm mixed emotions, nightmare-anyone else felt like this about cars or am i really a saddo?
Wait a minute... A tad off topic but what is this rear brake disk issue you are referring to? Maybe this is why my technician thinks the squeaking is coming from the rear - if it's a known issue?

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Emmett; my wife has a vampire diaries/originals thing going on and immediately he has lived up to his name-by being mischievous; great handover, lovely car signed everything got in drove off and withiin a mile we had a drive train error and had to return to the garage in limp mode.first impressions were great but in limp mode it felt half as fast as a cooper! Sopers couldnt have been nicer-plugged it in and diagnosed a faulty solenoid- ordered as a priority and got us a 5 door cooper s as a loaner till they've sorted it; hopefully tomorrow but Saturday if not! Good grief that's a first for us! Hey ho better now than later-didnt like the burning smell -i think the solenoid was burning itself out-! Engine wasnt overheating ! Really loving the 4 cylinder 2.0 engine-great fun-cant wait to get in our lovely f54-the dash is so nice and the lounge leather seats are something else-but the waiting now goes on! stress!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well interesting afternoon. Managed a mile from the showroom and drive train failure appeared and a nasty smell permeated! Returned to the dealer. We now have the sales reps Cooper s while we wait for new solenoids. Feeling very sad but dealer was brilliant! Loaner appeared within minutes!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yikes! WoW the joy of a new ride for a minute or two~ you'll get another shot of Joy picking little Emmitt up from the Lot again. Double Joy! Having to wait for something you want is a big part of the Joy when acquiring, you get to feel it again. I wish you and your new addition to your family well.

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't know they said there were two faulty solenoids; drove a mile, went into limp mode, drove back! It didn't smell particularly nice-a bit burnt electrics so assuming these solenoids had jammed? Engine temp showed ok so it wasn't overheating, thank heavens! Can't believe we have the touch up paint but no car!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.