Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

Having some real connectivity issues with by Samsung S6 and bluetooth on my '16 plate JCW, Mini Visual Boost.....

-Paired it up no problem and set it up as telephone and media.
-Works fine for handsfree telephone
-BUT Media (Apple Music) - no sound, no track info. Shows it playing on the phone and volume is muted
-When I skip forward/backward through tracks, it changes tracks on the phone ok (so its connected ok and partially working)
-If I then make a call, briefly I can hear the music playing, which then stops once the phone starts ringing. When I hang up, music stops.
-When I unpair / turn ignition off, volume unmutes on phone and carries on

Tried it on IPad, Iphone, Galaxy S5 and a Motorola something from a couple of years ago... all work fine including track info.

Just not my S6. Cold started and disconnected / reconnected so so many times yesterday, nearly threw it across the drive in temper!!!!!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
64 Posts
All

Having some real connectivity issues with by Samsung S6 and bluetooth on my '16 plate JCW, Mini Visual Boost.....

-Paired it up no problem and set it up as telephone and media.
-Works fine for handsfree telephone
-BUT Media (Apple Music) - no sound, no track info. Shows it playing on the phone and volume is muted
-When I skip forward/backward through tracks, it changes tracks on the phone ok (so its connected ok and partially working)
-If I then make a call, briefly I can hear the music playing, which then stops once the phone starts ringing. When I hang up, music stops.
-When I unpair / turn ignition off, volume unmutes on phone and carries on

Tried it on IPad, Iphone, Galaxy S5 and a Motorola something from a couple of years ago... all work fine including track info.

Just not my S6. Cold started and disconnected / reconnected so so many times yesterday, nearly threw it across the drive in temper!!!!!

Any ideas?
Uh Oh! I've just ordered an S6, which should arrive tomorrow. Now I'm worried!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
A lot of the problem is the Apple Music Android app...I have the same annoying thing where the music keeps playing after I've turned off the car. Google music app and Pandora don't do that.

Also make sure volume is cranked up on your phone at least to 75%.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers sirruszero, i'll give that a go. Read somewhere Spotify is supported through mini connected and they've got a 99p/3 month intro deal. Might have to give it a try.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I have a S6 Edge, but I use Deezer. I have no connectivity issues. Is it an app issue?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
...I have the same annoying thing where the music keeps playing after I've turned off the car.
Also make sure volume is cranked up on your phone at least to 75%.

Deezer does that, starts playing out of the phone :)

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Samsung s3 mini here spotify works a treat.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Read somewhere Spotify is supported through mini connected and they've got a 99p/3 month intro deal. Might have to give it a try.
Don't get your hopes up - Spotify is supported only through the iOS version of MINI Connected. No 3rd party app support yet for Android.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't get your hopes up - Spotify is supported only through the iOS version of MINI Connected
Yeah, just wasted a couple of days of my life working that one out! On the plus side, deleted mini connected from phone, so charger does just charge and nothing else. Spotify now plays with Bluetooth. Hoorah, even get album track details etc. which I dont get through aux cable.

In summary, Apple music doesnt work on Android through Bluetooth. And nothing works through Bluetooth with Mini Connected connected. Or Audioplayer through Mini Connected USB. On an S6.

iThings seem fine whatever and however you choose to do anything with them including lots of extra apps.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm looking at getting an S6 standard - how is it for viewing texts and emails on the satnav screen please?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts