Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to connect a Galaxy Samsung S5 to Mini Connected? I have installed the Mini Connected App on the phone, registered an email address etc yet when I connect the phone to the USB port all I get is a message saying 'Not Supported'. I have tried different cables to eliminate that, uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app. Not getting anywhere, has anyone managed to get it to work?.Have checked the MINI website and it says the S5 is fully compatable with MINI connected.My dealer hasn't a clue either but was at great pains to tell me how wonderfull Mini connected was when I was specing the car.Very disappointed so far and see this issue dragging on.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
I share your dismay. I'm surprised that Mini connected will not work with the S5, especially since Samsung has a pretty tight bond with BMW.. Grrrrrrrr

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car is going into the dealers on Friday for a software update,hopefully this will remedy the problem.Not holding my breath though!.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Samsung s5 and MINI Connected?

So.. I just bought an S5. Drilled my cameras out and everything! (It's a work requirement) Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a Mini and I was researching the Mini Connected system. Did you ever figure it out? Will the S5 work with MINI Connected? It's a shame all these car stereo companies keep catering to Apple and don't give any consideration to Android users, of which I'm sure there are way more of than Apple users.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Government job. Can't have camera phones on base, so I had to dismantle the phone and drill the front and rear camera and then put the glass back on. If I tried to drill through the front, it would have shattered the entire screen. I never use the cameras anyway, wish they'd make versions of the phones without them!

·
Registered
505 Posts
So.. I just bought an S5. Drilled my cameras out and everything! (It's a work requirement) Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a Mini and I was researching the Mini Connected system. Did you ever figure it out? Will the S5 work with MINI Connected? It's a shame all these car stereo companies keep catering to Apple and don't give any consideration to Android users, of which I'm sure there are way more of than Apple users.
I'm right there with you. I'm no fan of the iApple universe (to put it mildly) and it rankles me that everything else is an iAfterthought. I have a Galaxy S5 too and, though I don't have the big part of the package yet (the car itself), BMW did drop a major upgrade to Connected for Andoid within the last couple of weeks. Initially there was very truncated functionality on the S5. As of my update, it now includes a handfull of new functions and an entirely new (to us) app called Journeymate. We shall see how well they work, but clearly they finally got off their rumps and started doing something for the Androids.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BMW aren't the only ones. Bespoke for Scion was strictly apple and they started working out an app for android a few years ago, which initially was total crap just like the MINI Connected app on android.

·
Registered
505 Posts
BMW aren't the only ones. Bespoke for Scion was strictly apple and they started working out an app for android a few years ago, which initially was total crap just like the MINI Connected app on android.
It looks like this latest update actually brings the droid app up to the same functionality as the iphone... I'll be fascinated to see if it actually does what it says it does.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm having trouble just logging into the mini connected app. It says login in unsuccessful and to check my details. I know my password is correct because I keep changing it thinking that it's wrong. Any ideas? I don't even have the car yet but wanted to be prepared for when it arrives.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm having trouble just logging into the mini connected app. It says login in unsuccessful and to check my details. I know my password is correct because I keep changing it thinking that it's wrong. Any ideas? I don't even have the car yet but wanted to be prepared for when it arrives.
I know when I connected mine (Samsung Galaxy S5), both Twitter and Facetube asked permission to share data with the Mini Connected app... that may be your issue

1 - 12 of 12 Posts