Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this topic has been covered in the past or seems basic.

I purchased a 2017 5 door 1.5 petrol a few months ago but darned if I can anything that resemble a Sat nav feature. Is it a hidden feature? There is no flag icon which I often see in videos
It was a question I fogot to ask when buying it as the previous F56 which I has test drove, though being an older model had it as a feature.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My guess is your car doesn't have Sat Nav.

IMO built in Sat Nav is an expensive option that goes out of date and then the dealer wants an extortionate amount to update it.
Back in the early 2000's they were OK, but now its easier to use your phone.

The best Sat Nav I've ever had is a Basic entry model 2011 TomTom. Accurate, clear and easy to use, I still have it and it lives in my R53 for the odd occasion that the phone is not getting a decent signal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess is your car doesn't have Sat Nav.

IMO built in Sat Nav is an expensive option that goes out of date and then the dealer wants an extortionate amount to update it.
Back in the early 2000's they were OK, but now its easier to use your phone.

The best Sat Nav I've ever had is a Basic entry model 2011 TomTom. Accurate, clear and easy to use, I still have it and it lives in my R53 for the odd occasion that the phone is not getting a decent signal.
Thanks for that...I feel a little disappointed but it is small beer in the grand scheme of things....maybe I'll see how expensive it would be having it upgraded to the latest iDrive thingy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts