Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2015 F55 S arrived today and I needless to say I am ecstatic. Also, I am happy to report that the Satellite Grey interior (4C0) perfectly matches the default headliner (there had been some doubt as earlier (2nd gen?) headliners were more tan and less grey). The leather seats (T9GK) also match very well for a different material - basically perfect when overcast or under artificial light but shading a little more grey in direct sunlight.

As for the dash surface...I'm OK with the black check that comes with the S but may try to swap out the three pieces for dark silver (or fiber alloy). I'm glad I didn't order the dark silver (or fiber alloy) because it changes the door bezel to silver - which I think looks less good than the black bezel w/the black armrest against the Satellite Grey door (the black/black forms a nice swoopy curve). That said, I think going with the dark silver or fiber alloy is a reasonable option if you also choose the Satellite Grey color line (which also turns the armrest grey).

All in all I heartily recommend 'going grey' inside the Cooper - it looks really, really sharp. And it should be a good bit cooler in summer...especially under a white roof! (Pics in my garage...PM for further details/pics if you want)

Reactions: Tiger

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sounds beautiful! Pics, please :D.
Annette

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Annette. Pics follow...I'm just sufficiently new here to not understand how the upload limits work. Feel free to PM me if you want some high res images and/or other details.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Looks wonderful! That was my original interior color choice. I was all set to order it and then had a fit of practicality and changed everything except the headliner. My good friend got the Thunder Grey with that interior and I will have to covet hers, but she doesn't have kids or use the car for dogs or any number of things I will violate my MINI with on a regular basis.

How are you liking all your other options? Pretty similar to the rest of my options list as well :D.

Annette

Reactions: ljmiii

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is the same but I have the cottonwood Youification.
Very nice...it looks great with the grey interior. I almost ordered it but at the last minute decided that I'd order my MINI with the standard dash surface with the belief that I'd have a few days to look at pictures to make up my mind. And the next morning I got an email saying my MINI had gone into production...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How are you liking all your other options? Pretty similar to the rest of my options list as well :D.
Thus far my favorite option is the HUD - which is a huge surprise to me. It was kind of a 'why not' decision to get it in the Wired Upgrade Pkg since the backup camera was a requirement and I wanted the 8" Nav.

But after just a few minutes with it I'm spoiled for life - getting to see my speed without having to take my eyes off the road is just amazing. And I know it just gets better once I figure out how to show navigation and audio info.

My 2nd favorite option was a non-option - my decision to forgo the sport pkg's 17" wheels even though I bought everything else in the package. Even with damper control set to green/mid the 16" wheels are more than rough enough on the pot-holed roads near my house. And I do like how the Victory Silver wheels look anyway.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MINI Yours leather steering wheel

Oh...and I should have mentioned that the MINI Yours leather steering wheel (2XB) with the grey leather stitching looks and feels great. It (or the JCW wheel w/red) is necessary to get the paddle shifters. I wish the gear shift changed from red stitching to grey stitching when you ordered 2XB instead of 2XC...but you can't have everything.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yet more pics...2XB steering wheel & headliner joint...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.