Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First decent length trip today when I needed fuel I noticed the SatNav filling station icons were largely wrong. Some seemed to be crap data (a servicing & repair garage) and others we bewildering (icon in the middle of a residential road).

Then I started noticing the number of + icons which I assume mean pharmacy but are dotted randomly everywhere so I can only assume this data includes the home addresses of every First Aider in the country.

So this is my experience with in a very small sample - is this the general experience? (If so it's so unreliable it's useless.) And how do these POIs get updated? What's your experience?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'm so glad I didn't get any of the optional media packages.....just the radio with HK sound system is perfect for me! To each their own of course.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The plus icons denote multiple POIs that you have to zoom in a bit to see. Instead of having 2+ icons all bunched together on the map, it consolidates them into one pin with the "+" on it.

The POIs get updated with the map updates which you can purchase through your parts department or through a good 3rd party. Updates come out usually twice a year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.