Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else getting an email to say that the admin has changed their password

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes. Came to the site and someone, probably maliciously, changed it. I was able to log in with the "new" password and then changed it again. I did not find any evidence of anyone posting under my account...

It may very well have been done by the ADMINS on purpose. I heard the other day that someone hacked millions of MINI Forum accounts over several different forums.

·
Registered
763 Posts
More information here.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Everyone is being asked to change their password to a more secure one due to attempted hacks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I copied the new password then went to the web site by the long way round, not through the link suggested, I entered the new password then changed it to a new one which asked for a more secure format. No problem with that but you have to be careful about scams and not follow any suggested link to a site.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Done the same as you, where do I find the "change password" bit now tho

·
Registered
82 Posts
Done the same as you, where do I find the "change password" bit now tho

Hi, Go to user CP (top RHS) then Your profile and click edit your details, then click "edit your email and password"

Now enter your new password, Beware you MUST get a tick on all requests for the new password ie capital number,symbol and 10 digits.

:nerd:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts