Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone in UK or US has used a Scangauge2 with their new 2014 Mini?

I know they worked fine with previous generations of Mini and the new Mini has an OBD2 port too, so all should be fine, just wanted confirmation!

I have found the Scangauge to be a useful gadget for monitoring various engine functions in real time, while driving, and would like to use it in my MCP, (if it ever arrives!)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi everybody,

I thought to revive this thread, it is very interesting and I'm impressed that no other posts are here. I'm on search for an OBD2 performance monitoring device, primarily bluetooth but Scangauge seems a very powerful option - though somehow expensive.
So any thoughts and experiences?

Thanks

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was the original poster on this thread and ultimately was involved with developing a specific Scangauge 2, along with another member here, for use with the gen 3 Minis. The normal Scangauge 2 was not fully compatible with the new Minis so if you do go for one, make sure you get the one that is Mini 3 specific, although by now they may have altered the firmware so that all the Scangauge 2s are suitable.

Worth checking though.

I use mine for monitoring the vital signs of the engine, volts, temperatures, accurate fuel use etc and it can do many others, as well as allowing reading of fault codes from the ecu etc.
I don't use it for "performance" monitoring as such.

You may prefer these other ones that give you an analogue output in dial form of performance data rather than the SGs limited digital display of only 4 parameters at a time although that suits me fine.

I have used a SG for many years now in many cars and wouldn't be without one. An unobtrusive and useful piece of kit.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
When I traded my R56 in on the F56 I kept the same ScanGauge II. Sent it back to the company and they upgraded it with the new functions and shipped it back to me and all it cost me was the postage to send it to them. I use mine to monitor boost, water temp, oil pressure, and IAT. Mine's mounted with a Cravenspeed SG mount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts