Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Let us know if you get any feedback from Mini. As I said above I solved my charging with the Ohme Smart Charger. It is very adaptable and works a treat. Mine is set to only charge at the off peak rate with Octopus so it's just plug and forget.

·
Registered
5 Posts
At the moment it seems daft to replace my charger and spent the best part of £1k for something that the car should do by itself. I've now installed the last software on the car (UPD11024) and I've reinstalled the App and there's been no difference. If anything I would like to go back to the original software level as I'm sure this worked OK when I first got the car, but I'm also sure that someone will tell me that it's not possible to go back.

Still waiting for Mini customer services to reply to my email. I'll pot the response here when I get it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am not sure you can go backwards with the software. Also you would miss other updates. As said by others, it could be different functionality between a hybrid and an all electric, so difficult to comment.

The software and app we refer to is designed for a full electric. This software, as with pretty much all EV is based on setting departure times and also the preferred (off peak ) charging times. From my experience it functions perfectly every time. Because it is such a small battery
, a 7,8KWH charger and I rarely start from ‘Empty’ the departure time is almost irrelevant. Based on my data the charging starts at the same time 1145pm and finishes around 2 to 3 in the morning. So the calculation is based on when to stop charging. So the fact I have a departure time set for 730 am for weekdays (normal departure time for my wife when she steals😉 my car) and 715am for weekends (someone needs to go and get the croissants🤨 ) has no relevance unless I was using the 13A granny charger).
For the other EV departure time is critical because the VW works backwards from departure time, preferred hours, and current SoC, the max charge rate possible, to determine when to start charging.

it is certain PHEV have a different method of calculation because the battery capacity is usually so much smaller.

i suspect you have another problem, but certainly you should not need a smart charger. Also the advice we got from our installer, is it is better in his experience, in France, not to have a smart charger because they tend to go wrong. His ‘call outs’ are usually to reboot a smart charger. However I cannot comment on how good the smart chargers are in the UK.

·
Registered
96 Posts
At the moment it seems daft to replace my charger and spent the best part of £1k for something that the car should do by itself. I've now installed the last software on the car (UPD11024) and I've reinstalled the App and there's been no difference. If anything I would like to go back to the original software level as I'm sure this worked OK when I first got the car, but I'm also sure that someone will tell me that it's not possible to go back.

Still waiting for Mini customer services to reply to my email. I'll pot the response here when I get it.
Another thought… how good is your wifi / network connection between your house/ phone and car? Sometimes this is the problem. Any updates on charging times you do don’t reach the car…

this was a particularly we had with the VW when they did over the air updates. Nothing worked until the app and car synchronised.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts