Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the Scots had a little run on Saturday up to the slopes. A joint meet with miniF56, Aberdeen Mini Owners Club, Scottish Minis and Inverness Mini Owners Club. Shame it was thick fog up at the ski slopes....still some snow and folk enjoying the last of the runs.
Really hope to get another organised and more 'big boys' can join us :)

Anyway here's a couple of photos of three of us regulars on our jaunt .... donnaj1dlh, @derekh929 and @mikeswagon

....got me wanting a classic now though!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was lovely to see everyone stop, look and sometimes wave to us all as we passed through some of the villages. All the classics were first in the convoy, so that's what probably grabbed everyone's attention.

Reactions: derekh929

·
Registered
966 Posts
Aye it was a good fun day, and good to meet a few folk finally.

So having followed Derek all day I now want a jcw for the pops/bangs, and my son Callum, having got a lift from Mike and Aaron, he now wants a classic. :D

Here's a few of my pics too:

wee group shot from half way up the hill

And the Inverness guys leaving:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Ok I see I'm late to the party again.

Great day and glad I finally made it to a meet with our mini and was good to finally meet both of you.

I must apologise Mike I hardly had a chance to speak to you before we was heading back, and for my annoying habit of slowing right down and holding people back when I seen some good corners ahead so I could blast through them, as I'm like a big kid in a sweet shop when In the mini if I see a hump back bridges and loads of bends.>:D

I do hope you enjoyed the pops and bangs as it cost me 3/4 tank of fuel providing them changing up and down gears just for the fun of It and to hear them >:D. Not so bad the wife had filled up before my trip so her fuel but worth every penny for fun value, and ok for standard exhaust.

So next time we meet up Mike will you be in JCW or Classic this is the question?

I usually take loads of pics but for some reason I only got a few so will add to the thread

Ready Steady race for your cars?

Classic Sandwich

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I only used half a tank!!

Did you go all the way back into town Derek? I didn't think there was much point in me going into town just to come back to Ellon.

Reactions: derekh929

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I only used half a tank!!

Did you go all the way back into town Derek? I didn't think there was much point in me going into town just to come back to Ellon.

I think the wife said it was 1 bar down when I got it on sat and 2 bars left when returned that was from Fraserburgh mind you.
No I saw people peeling off at different places so I assumed everyone was heading home so I went over by Inverurie and Methlick as there are loads more bends, we need to get a few more F56's for the next one for sure was a good day, I think on the way back the Glenshee road may have been far better and more fun but that's me being selfish as usual.
It was good that many was there for first time

·
Registered
966 Posts
Ok I see I'm late to the party again.

Great day and glad I finally made it to a meet with our mini and was good to finally meet both of you.

I must apologise Mike I hardly had a chance to speak to you before we was heading back, and for my annoying habit of slowing right down and holding people back when I seen some good corners ahead so I could blast through them, as I'm like a big kid in a sweet shop when In the mini if I see a hump back bridges and loads of bends.>:D

I do hope you enjoyed the pops and bangs as it cost me 3/4 tank of fuel providing them changing up and down gears just for the fun of It and to hear them >:D. Not so bad the wife had filled up before my trip so her fuel but worth every penny for fun value, and ok for standard exhaust.

So next time we meet up Mike will you be in JCW or Classic this is the question?

No worries Derek,

I've no idea where the time went, though I did spend a fair bit eating Callums chips, then taking piccies. Speaking of which you've got some good pics there.

I did enjoy the pops and bangs from both F56s in front of me ;) just a few pops from inside my car when I realised everyone in front was braking :D

I've been playing around with the configurator since Saturday, so bearing in mind the current economic climate in the NE.... I'll probably be on a pushbike :(

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yes things not good in this corner at present not good time to plan any changes to cars if you are connected to the Oil Industry for sure, but everything goes in cycles like the fishing and oil Industries in past and I have seen 2 down turns in my time in Business.

Some push bikes cost as much as cars know it seems, I'm glad you did not leave any empty plates that would have been a waste.

To confuse your two even more I will take them a run in the JCW

All the best Derek

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Glenshee next time!

We're still waiting for details of this much-anticipated '500' run you're organising ;) ;)
Yes I know things have been on back burner on that front while under pressure from better half to sort out all the stuff for our usual DIY holiday, I always say plenty of time to get all stuff books after flights done, but nearly sorted, so will have to look more at the NC500

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry I missed this, looks like it was decent turn out too.

Next time, promise! - Glenshee sounds ace, my favorite road of all time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.