Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
May be ceramic coating may hide the scratches? To be honest they are both covered in fine scratches when using a strong light, with only 60 miles on the clock 馃槴馃ぃ

Registered
May be ceramic coating may hide the scratches? To be honest they are both covered in fine scratches when using a strong light, with only 60 miles on the clock 馃槴馃ぃ
Ceramic won't hide scratches, if they're very fine light swirls you might be able to polish them out of the vinyl strip using a fine finishing polish and then protect them with wax/sealnt/ceramic. Another option would be a glaze which might temporarily 'fill' the scratches but a glaze will shorten the lifespan of any protection you put on top and will need to be redone regularly.

This might be helpful Streaking on Rally Stripes

Was it done during washing do you think ? Just seems so soon to have scratches 馃
Quite possibly the worst thing you can do to your car's paintwork is let the dealership wash it! 馃ぃ Even if you ask them not to someone somewhere will have given it a rub or two with a rag several times in its short lifetime.:eek:

Registered
I was super dooper carful but and i asked the dealership not to wash it
I鈥檒l just have to deal with my OCD unfortunately.
As others suggested, you could try polish on the stripes, but if they are not just surface ones unlikely to help, and as I said ceramic certainly won鈥檛 hide.

Another option is to use a polish that has fillers, but would be an ongoing thing as would need re-application regularly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts