Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an oil delivery last week and I hadn't realised. He ran the pipe down the side of jasper and put some scratches in the wheelarch plastic. I asked the dealer and he said I'd need to buy a new piece. Nothing to lose I took some farecla g3 scratch remover rubbed the scratches out the gave the whole arch a rub over to even out the effect of slightly lower pimples and hey presto a good plastic trim gel coat and its nearly as good as new. Saves me£60 ish!;)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I hate it when other people damage my stuff! Really irritates me! If I do the damage myself that's one thing but when someone else does it and doesn't say anything that upsets me to no end! The oil delivery guy needs to at least know what he did so he'll be more careful next time. Everyone makes mistakes, but they should learn from them.

Glad it rubbed out!

John

Reactions: gloriakogg

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I know I should have complained it was ordered online via heating oil co uk so no idea which firm delivered it. And it was very tight. Had I known they would deliver so quickly I would've moved the car!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm struggling to get bug impacts out of my racing stripes ha. We are now in the time of year where you're gonna get a heck of a collection every night (as opposed to the moderate collection you'll get during the day). I don't know what those things were, but they are reeeeeeeally in my stripes. On the other hand, part of the joy of VO... the bugs don't show as badly on this color at least ha

·
Banned
122 Posts
I'm struggling to get bug impacts out of my racing stripes ha. We are now in the time of year where you're gonna get a heck of a collection every night (as opposed to the moderate collection you'll get during the day). I don't know what those things were, but they are reeeeeeeally in my stripes. On the other hand, part of the joy of VO... the bugs don't show as badly on this color at least ha

Try clay bar on the vinyl perhaps

·
Registered
45 Posts
Keep an eye on the spots you repaired. The spats are prone to scratch and often they even show spots after repair with scratch remover. It's all in the used material...

·
Registered
608 Posts
AutoGlym Insect Remover - Very gentle and hugely effective, can't recommend it enough. AutoGlym isn't "officially" available in the US I don't think, but I'm sure the internet will come to your rescue :)

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do love autglym stuff!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Reactions: jeremybingham
1 - 9 of 9 Posts