Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
Poor you, that is so annoying. Are you having a smart repair?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taking him to Lloyd body shop black alloys with scuff just not happening. It's turning out to be an expensive sandwich I stopped for. Going to be about 75 quid plus vat

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
Ouch. Be good when he's perfect again though. Like you I wouldn't be able to look at th e car without seeing t h e scratch!

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
5 weeks in can move it, (just)so feels like it is, thank you! Can't wait to drive again!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
For black wheel owners...

One thing that might help prevent kerbing is to go to a larger size tire. On my R56 I had 215 tires vs the 205s, and a couple of times they saved me from dinging my rims. The tire will get a little scuffed, but it will save the rim.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the bac alloy looks great again but when I got home I noticed front drivers was Scuffed too. I don't have any recollection of doing this surely they wouldn't just swap wheels? Anyway Tommy is going back tomorrow to get that fixed. THis gas been a very expensive carry on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well the bac alloy looks great again but when I got home I noticed front drivers was Scuffed too. I don't have any recollection of doing this surely they wouldn't just swap wheels? Anyway Tommy is going back tomorrow to get that fixed. THis gas been a very expensive carry on.
Out of curiosity what size wheels are you running?

I bought my MC from Lloyds and I was very pleased with their level of service and knowledge and the coffee is good as well.:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
17" black cosmo spoke. Yes I agree they are fantastic at Lloyd in fact they all call me by my first name and the coffee is good. I'm just a bit paranoid when it comes to Tommy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts