Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are a lot of seat options on the JCW, even if not much color choice. I'm interested in which seats you chose, how comfortable they are, and how well they are holding up to daily use.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I ordered it with the base seats and have found them to be comfortable, reasonably supportive and they have held up well with 12,000 + miles. They offer more support than the base seats were in my R56 JCW and also more attractive.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
I have the dynamica leather seats and absolutely love them. They are very comfortable even in sportsmode, absorb alot of the harsh bumps, they hold youin the seat very nicely without being too snug andthey seem to be wearing very well, 11000km and no sign of wear and they look pretty good.
They are not cheap but in my opinion, well worth it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I test drove both a sport auto and manual JCW. The manual had the Dynamica Leather sports seats, the sport auto had the leather "Comfort" seats in.

Having had a number of more sport orientated cars the past 15 years or so I felt the Dynamica leather seats suited me more - so thats what I ordered the car with.

How do they feel long term - No clue as I'm still waiting for the car to be delivered ! Hopefully in September . . . .

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just to know...the basic sport seats of cooper S and the basic sport seats of jwc...are the same or the jwc are more narrow and deep?
The Carbon / Black base seats in the Cooper S have a very similar cloth to the base JCW ones, but look closely, the cloth stripe is subtly different and the seat design is very very different - the bolsters are not as deep, its a standard adjustable headrest, no adjustable leg support and no Dinamica (Alcantara) elements to them.

So yes, JCW ones are fundamentally different to Copper S etc. and be careful if speccing a JCW, only the Dinamica / Cloth (base) and Dinamica / Leather (option) are 'true' JCW sports seats. All the other seat options including full leather are 'normal' sports seats.

But the two JCW options are structurally, physically identical I believe - its just the covering is different. So depends whether you like a bit more leather and a bit more red in the cockpit.... £1400 seemed a lot of money to me at the time for a bit of red leather and an extra bit of Dinamica, so I stuck with base and I absolutely love them. £1400 far better spent on the exhaust!!!!

Had some nice half Leather / Alcantara style sport seats in one of my Audi's but the kids trashed the Alcantara bit with general child dirt, sticky fingers, food etc. Still a concern, but they've grown up a bit and tend to do obey they no food ban now.... so my seats should last well!

Reactions: AarnMunro and KYDan

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Specing seats was probably the most difficult decision I had when ordering my 2015 JCW and try finding any examples to look at back then...lol! I went from leatherette sport seats to punch leather to full leather but in the end I opted for the Dinamica/leather(suede) JCW sport seats. The stock Cloth JCW sport seats are excellent but I wasn't that fond of the white striping. The red edging on the suede seats isn't bright at all but very subtle & compliments my all black JCW so it was a no brainer for me & I love them...as close to the old style Recaro's in some of my other cars but probably better holding your butt in place due to the material instead of vinyl or std leather! Either the std cloth or suede leather JCW sport seats are excellent. You can opt for any seat in the JCW however, even non sport seats if you prefer just an FYI. Personally, if my car wasn't a JCW I probably would have gone with the leatherette vinyl sport seats because they wear like iron and are easy to clean.

·
Registered
9 Posts
wanted tan--no go

I found myself in similar quandary--chose Rebel Green as ext. color and that cost me an extra grand--waht i wanted for seats was a tan or light brown-- no go-- there's a mini yours selection that's close but it's not available in jcw-- I chose the cloth seats both for lack of an uncharge and not too thrilled with all the red accents of some of the other options--car is sitting at VDC down in Oxnard Ca-- it's been a long while since i've had cloth seats-- but i sat in some and test drove-- albeit not in jcw seats and felt they were just fine

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah, I'd have really liked to have the JCW sports seat available in full leather - black or red or even tan, then I'd have happily paid £1400 for them. No arguments about how they look though, the red pieces do set them apart. But full red leather (or leatherette) would have looked the nuts on mine and I'd have definitely had it!!!!!

mgflyfish - dont worry, the base black seats look absolutely superb and are every bit as comfy - more like something from the Sparco catalogue than anything on a normal car, just branded JCW.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have the lounge leather in mine and it does add a bit of additional quality to the cabin.

I do like the fake suade finish of the optional JCW seats but suspect they need a little more maintenance.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the dynamica leather seats and absolutely love them. They are very comfortable even in sportsmode, absorb alot of the harsh bumps, they hold youin the seat very nicely without being too snug andthey seem to be wearing very well, 11000km and no sign of wear and they look pretty good.
Another vote here for the dynamica seats. Quite supportive and I like the adjustable thigh bolster.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Just a couple of follow up thoughts:

1. So far my Dinamica/leather JCW sport seats are wearing just fine, but when I get into the car hot or dirty I always drape a beach size towel over the driver seat to protect the material....I would recommend doing this or have a seat cover made for when taking your car in for service!!! Not that a tech would damage a seat! ;-)

2. As for optional colors, it indeed would be nice to have more options from MINI, although black is my favorite so I was all set regardless of style chosen. But, on Rebel Green I think a tobacco brown or dark tan would look absolutely awesome! Hopefully more choices will be in the offing in the future!

Reactions: dgswick

·
Registered
16 Posts
The standard JCW cloth sports seats are my recommendation. I recently traded up to a JCW and chose them based on 2 years experience with a 2014 F56 MCS. Leather is either too cold in winter or too hot in summer. Spend the money you save on other options.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The standard JCW cloth sports seats are my recommendation. I recently traded up to a JCW and chose them based on 2 years experience with a 2014 F56 MCS. Leather is either too cold in winter or too hot in summer. Spend the money you save on other options.

They are my default options. I really like them, but I wish MINI had done something to tie the pattern into the interior better ... red stitching on the edges or something.

Reactions: dgswick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Cessna, do the dinamica seats still look ok? I am buying a 2018 red Countryman with black roof and those seats look good, only trouble is I have a dog so not sure .

·
Registered
217 Posts
Almost the same comment - I love alacantra in sports cars and the Dynamica seats are fantastic - grippy, great bolstering in the right places, excellent sporty look, and after 2 years and 25k of daily use, they still look absolutely new. Bonus in Japan is that seat heaters are standard on the Dynamica pack, which is super during the winter. For me at least, this was a a good investment.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
Hi Cessna, do the dinamica seats still look ok? I am buying a 2018 red Countryman with black roof and those seats look good, only trouble is I have a dog so not sure .
Sorry about the late response, the seats are still in excellent condition. Im not the most cleanest person around, would never buy white as they will be yellow and black in no time.
So 2 years later they are still great, no issues, not losing shape, red is still red. I have given them a quick clean that
suprisingly came up really good.
Still the big thumbs up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.