Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem??

When driving over less than perfect roads the drivers seat squeaks over every bump to the point it was driving me mad!!

I think I've isolated the problem as when I move the seat one notch forward or backward the squeak stops so it's only on my optimal seating position! I currently driving with the seat one notch closer to the pedals which I don't mind but wondered if there's something that can be done e.g. WD40 or silicon spray over the seat runner perhaps?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I had similar but happened when I pressed the clutch pedal and released it which made me think it was the clutch!

Dealer found it was the seat and used some sort of silicon under the front, been fine since and this was a few months ago :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks will take a look under the seat tomorrow

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had a squeek myself. Dealer changed the upholstery second time it wasn't resolved. Nof squeek free.
Try moving the seat forward or backward one notch and see if the problem persists... at least that should give the dealer something to work with if it stops squeaking

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a issue with a squeaky drivers seat in my mini it took 3 attempts to get it resolved, first time they replaced the extender, Then they told me they changed the base (Which was a Lie) then they said they changed the base again (actually changed it this time) It turns out there was a weld on the seat base that had failed. Was really annoying

1 - 9 of 9 Posts