Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my LCI MCS Sport Auto for a week now. Bought from Cooper Reading ex-demo, 10 months old with 6500 miles on it. As far as I can see just missing HUD, VDC, HK and Comfort access, Lost 40% in 10 months, hope the depreciation slows down now. Not sure how many 60 somethings they have getting a MCS but loving it so far. Was concerned about the suspension after coming from a smooth as silk C-Class Merc estate but that's not a problem, road noise however drowning out that engine note is a different matter. Already investigating new tyres, I see Dunlop SP is much quieter than the Michelin fitted as standard. Won't be doing much to it as still has over two years warranty just enjoying it.

8C36DF69-6FD5-41F7-81CD-CD0A777E1E2B.jpeg
E9E7588F-D544-4E08-A2DA-E87177F3B0DD.jpeg

·
Registered
212 Posts
Had my LCI MCS Sport Auto for a week now. Bought from Cooper Reading ex-demo, 10 months old with 6500 miles on it. As far as I can see just missing HUD, VDC, HK and Comfort access, Lost 40% in 10 months, hope the depreciation slows down now. Not sure how many 60 somethings they have getting a MCS but loving it so far. Was concerned about the suspension after coming from a smooth as silk C-Class Merc estate but that's not a problem, road noise however drowning out that engine note is a different matter. Already investigating new tyres, I see Dunlop SP is much quieter than the Michelin fitted as standard. Won't be doing much to it as still has over two years warranty just enjoying it.

View attachment 68526 View attachment 68527
Congratulations on the Cooper S. how do you find it being an automatic?
I have a jcw auto and I am not impressed by the tyre noise. I know they are low profile tyres but still a little too intrusive. I have pirellis and I believe the Dunlop SP RF are quieter. I will go for a slightly wider tyre so the sidewall will increase slightly which will help with road noise.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been driving an auto since 1988 although this is the first DCT. Changes are super quick. Was worried about slow traffic but I believe it has a creep forward mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts