Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like your handbrake is knackered/playing up......get yourself a vgate obd plugin and try and clear the error with bimmercode.....
Failing that probably a dealer visit....

·
Super Moderator
6,593 Posts
Is your car automatic; mine does this if i leave it in anything other than park when i accidentally forget and swtich off?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like your handbrake is knackered/playing up......get yourself a vgate obd plugin and try and clear the error with bimmercode.....
Failing that probably a dealer visit....
Do you recommend any of vgate obd plugin ?

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
If using iPhone or iPad, this is the one I bought on Amazon..... I think I read somewhere that a BlueTooth unit works better with Android devices.

Vgate WiFi iCar2 OBDII Elm327 Code Reader for iOS iPhone iPad Android PC,Auto Sleep

$20 USD. The bimmercode app is ~$25

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have bought a new gear selector but the problem is still the same.
On BMW forums the issue is the sensor in the mechatronics in gearbox in 5 series BMW. But i think this is not the same gearbox.
I have F54 CooperS 8-speed, so this is Aisin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have bought a new gear selector but the problem is still the same.
On BMW forums the issue is the sensor in the mechatronics in gearbox in 5 series BMW. But i think this is not the same gearbox.
I have F54 CooperS 8-speed, so this is Aisin.
That's not good :( I've booked my vehicle in for a diagnostic check thursday am, so hopefully they'll tell me exactly what the issue is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fault has been diagnosed, faulty gear selector switch, and they've quoted me £767.21 for parts and labour.. urgh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The reason is a little spring in the gear leaver mount, it holds the sensor of the parking gear.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts