Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there with the Service Contract taken their car in for the Seasonal Heath Check?
My check up is due at the end of the month.
I wondered if I tell them that my CarPlay drops out regularly they will update the iDrive software?

·
Premium Member
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
658 Posts
I have not had any checks and I have just passed the 1 year of ownership mark. Should they be proactively contacting me to take it in or is it up to me to remember?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not had any checks and I have just passed the 1 year of ownership mark. Should they be proactively contacting me to take it in or is it up to me to remember?
I was just reading my Service Contract tonight and noticed that my car is six months old at the end of August and it says Seasonal Health Check due. So I will remind them next week.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Red One is going in for it's Seasonal Health Check tomorrow and sat nav update check. I've noticed we've been driving across fields recently!
There's also a stretch of road that I drive down regularly that is a 30mph limit but the the digital display and head up display say it's 40mph!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I got a call from my dealer a couple of weeks ago to see if I wanted to book in for my free seasonal health check. I'm not on a service plan. :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a call from my dealer a couple of weeks ago to see if I wanted to book in for my free seasonal health check. I'm not on a service plan. :)
Typical! Parky had his Mini for a year and never got the call to come and have the check. I've had mine six months and had to ask them to do it!
I wouldn't mind but we are on the service plan!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Not sure why they contacted me as the car hasn't been in with them at all yet......they are selected as my preferred dealer in the app though so maybe that's it.

I declined the check......not a fan of having everything sprayed with antibac so I stay away from the dealers as much as possible ATM. :)

·
Registered
2020 Cooper SE (Level 2)
175 Posts
Has anyone found a definitive schedule of works for the services included in the contract? I asked the BMW contract salesman to email this information when he continually pestered me but never received anything.

Alan

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Has anyone found a definitive schedule of works for the services included in the contract? I asked the B
MW contract salesman to email this information when he continually pestered me but never received anything.

Alan
The service plan:
A1 Seasonal Health Check at 6 months
A2 Seasonal Health Check at 12 months
A3 Seasonal Health Check at 18 months
A4 Map update
S1 Vehicle check, diagnostics etc at 24 months. Mini Electric Service, Brake Fluid, Microfilter.
A5 Seasonal Health Check at 30 months
A6 Seasonal Health Check at 36 months
A7 MOT
A8 Seasonal Health Check at 42 months
A9 Seasonal Health Check at 48 months
A10 MOT (This is not in the schedule but I have paid to have this included)
A11 Map update
S2 Vehicle check, diagnostics etc at 48 months. Mini Electric Service, Brake Fluid, Microfilter.

They will also wash and vac each visit if you want them to.

The Season Health Checks are basically mechanical inspections, tyres, brakes, suspension etc.

·
Registered
2020 Cooper SE (Level 2)
175 Posts
Thank you Red Mini - much more info than I could extract from the salesman. Overall I'm less than convinced that the service contract is good value although I'd like to know exactly what is included in a Mini Electric Service. To me the seasonal health checks in particular seem to be a complete waste of time. On balance I'm probably going to stick with a trusted local garage.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
7,820 Posts
Took the service contract on our last petrol cooper. Wasted my money! Never again.unlesscitvrecertscto five years as it was.

·
Registered
Mini Electric level 2 - 2021
144 Posts
As per the three above,
"The Season Health Checks are basically mechanical inspections, tyres, brakes, suspension etc. "

I think I can look at the tyres and determine if the brakes, suspension are still working every six months..... I actually do it every time I drive.

The (paper) manual just says brake fluid and pollen filter every two years.

But if you read the (paper) manual in more depth, the real reason they want to see it every six months is to download all the data that has been collected, not just from the car ECU but it's even all stored on your key fob...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
But if you read the (paper) manual in more depth, the real reason they want to see it every six months is to download all the data that has been collected, not just from the car ECU but it's even all stored on your key fob...
If you have the telematics option fitted to your car, don't they get that anyway?. Car status, mileage, sat nav data etc

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The cynic in me thinks health checks are just a chance to get you in the dealer, so they get the first chance to sell you something. I think @ajgriff has the right idea.
They didn't try to sell me anything and were very helpful. I was pleased that I had taken it to people who knew what they were doing!
Good luck with trying to get independents to look after EVs, all the ones that I have come across are trying to avoid them like the plague! They've no experience yet with all the different makes and models. Anyone can change brake fluid and micro filters but all the electrical permutations are a whole new ball game IMHO.

·
Registered
2020 Cooper SE (Level 2)
175 Posts
.... but all the electrical permutations are a whole new ball game IMHO.
Completely agree and if I have a problem with the electrical side of things I'll go to a Mini dealership. However most of what appears to be covered by the service contract doesn't seem to be related to the electrical systems. I assume this is because there's nothing much to service as such.

Alan

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've also heard that there may be an update/enhancement to the GOM software in the not too distant future!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts