Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, the relationship with my original dealer (50 miles from home) was destroyed by their grossly damaging mishandling of my new MCS during detail shortly after delivery. Gratefully, MINI corporate resolved the issues through another dealer (250 miles away). But now I'm left with this question.

Will Roadside Assistance trolly me to the preferred dealer or force me to work with the "offender?"

I can cancel/replace the extended MINI tire warranty with a local tire distributor (who assures me they service MINI's and have the expertise to adjust the onboard computer) and I'm more than willing to make the commute for general service... but what about an emergency?

Sigh.

·
Registered
24 Posts
250 miles away?! Dayum! That sucks. I would think road side assistance from MINI will cart you to the closest dealer. However, if it's through your insurance I believe you can go wherever you choose.

That said...maybe give the guys a second chance. Knowing that they already screwed up...they may just roll out the red carpet to win you back. At least...any self respecting business should do that...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
250 miles away?! Dayum! That sucks. I would think road side assistance from MINI will cart you to the closest dealer. However, if it's through your insurance I believe you can go wherever you choose.
Yes, I'm thinking the same from MINI Roadside Assistance. After I get my car back in one piece, it looks like I'll have to follow-up this concerning detail with MINI corporate given my multiple problems with the original dealer.

As for private insurance, I have a AAA membership (I live in the US) but there's a one-time 200 mile limit per year with three 100-mile tows after that. And then, I have my accident insurance with USAA which will tow me anywhere BUT only after an accident.

That said...maybe give the guys a second chance. Knowing that they already screwed up...they may just roll out the red carpet to win you back. At least...any self respecting business should do that...
Respect, for self or others, is not something the original dealer offers. They had more than a few chances to prove themselves and they failed... miserably.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work for a Ford dealer, and Ford's roadside, which I assume Mini would have the same rule, is they tow to the closest dealer. you might be SOL on taking it where you want to.
If that's true (and, after doing some online research, I'm thinking it is too), then I'll have yet one more long-term issue to settle before MINI corporate closes this open case. :crying: Since they know every gory detail, I'm hoping they'll cooperate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts