Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My F55 Cooper S is due it's first service in April - so just an oil change. It's currently on 11k miles. It's booked into a MINI dealer for Monday but I reckon they'll be closed by then.

So, what do I do? Wait until the world gets back to normal and hope it doesn't take the car too far past April? Or, get it serviced by my local ATS type place. I've even thought about this option, and a MINI service once they open again, so I can still say full MINI history.

Car will probably be traded in when normality returns so I want to do everything I can to maximise its value.

Thanks in advance,
Craig.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Don't worry about about it. Its not going to affect value if its late. All that matters is that is done at some point. Its not like you are going to be using your car entensively during this period. I would keep the servicing by MINI, especially if you are trading in for another one. Other manufacturers probably won't care so much where it was done. I would just wait.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Fully concur with my learned friend above. Better to keep your servicing with MINI imho, even if it's delayed by these unprecedented circumstances, particularly if you intend to px for another MINI down the line, where a main dealer service history will be beneficial.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Call the dealership. They will say for sure if they will be open.

I thought they would be closed, too. However the local rang me this morning asking if I'd like to bring her in for some warranty work they found on my first visit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts