Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, regarding the service history that's accessed through un infotainment system,, I was wondering can other independent dealerships ie fords update the service history ( if service done by fords for example ), or is this where mini got you by the balls so to speak as in only mini dealerships can update the service system ? ..I have a 2016 cooper .

·
Registered
140 Posts
Everyone can update update the infotainment with the proper tools but only bmw or authorized repair shops (none i know off) can update it also on the bmw servers. So lets say you update the infotainment with the latest repairs and you go to bmw the next time. Your previous repairs will be gone when bmw does the repairs and updates the system including their servers

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
695 Posts
It's annoying when you get a price for a service from Mini then they add an extra charge of £27 for "out of scope" - this charge is just to update the system and their records - should be free like in the old days (never had to pay extra for a garage to stamp your service book)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I contacted mini today for a price on full service, oil and full filters change plus spar plug £285 , I asked if service update to infotainment system would be included ,, they confirmed it would , I got 1200 miles before it's due. Tbh I thought it would be more ,, I have a 2016 cooper

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
695 Posts
That's not too bad from a main dealer.
I believe cars over 3 years old are on a different (cheaper) price list for servicing, it would cost a lot more for the big service for a 2 year old car.
Are you having the brake fluid and coolant changed?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The coolant and brake fluid are not included as far as I am aware,the infotainment service states the brake fluid isnt up for renewal as I recall. I was surprised at the price too, out of curiosity I rang fords for the same service it was £229 but the service history update couldn't be applied to the infotainment system with fords, so a no brainer really for the sake of £50 extra I will book it in with mini .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts