Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cars service indicator is saying that it is due a service in 1500 miles. I go on holiday in about 4 weeks and will probably be down to about 800 miles to service. I'm using my car to go on holiday and will be doing about 1500 miles. Which will take me well over the service indicator value. My question is what is the earliest I can take my car for service? Does it have to be under 500 miles?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
In the US, it's within 2000 miles of the service indicator

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
You will be safer to get it done sooner rather than later. Worst case is over servicing as opposed to under servicing which might have an impact on a warranty claim however unlikely.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I had thought that they would only service under TLC at 1000 miles either side of the service indicator?

·
Registered
154 Posts
The rules changed with the 3rd generation, where before the service interventions that would be carried out were listed and the tolerance was +/- 1K miles and the inspection 2 would occur about 52K so after the 50K. Now the tolerance is +/- 3K miles and you are covered for all servicing called up. I rack up the miles so timed my first scheduled oil change at -2950 miles and then the second service at -2800, so nearly 6K miles gained. I will be coughing up for th TLCXL in the next few weeks at £275, so I should gain at least one extra service in before 80K. I have also had my oil changed between services at my own expense without resetting the counter, works out a lot cheaper as I provide the oil .

·
Registered
9 Posts
The rules changed with the 3rd generation, where before the service interventions that would be carried out were listed and the tolerance was +/- 1K miles and the inspection 2 would occur about 52K so after the 50K. Now the tolerance is +/- 3K miles and you are covered for all servicing called up. I rack up the miles so timed my first scheduled oil change at -2950 miles and then the second service at -2800, so nearly 6K miles gained. I will be coughing up for th TLCXL in the next few weeks at £275, so I should gain at least one extra service in before 80K. I have also had my oil changed between services at my own expense without resetting the counter, works out a lot cheaper as I provide the oil .
Did you get mini to carry out the in between oil change or did you use another garage? I had a oil change carried out at Birmingham Mini whilst the car was there for a repair and they only charged £75 for the oil and filter change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts