Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been experiencing long shipping delays. For about 2-3 weeks my car has been built but not released to the carrier. My car is being shipped to NY so it will have a long trip ahead of it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi - is it a petrol or diesel Cooper?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone been experiencing long shipping delays. For about 2-3 weeks my car has been built but not released to the carrier. My car is being shipped to NY so it will have a long trip ahead of it.
Well if you are using the Owner's lounge for tracking you may have the same problem I did which is that it does not keep up to date at all. I found out what was happening to my car by getting the VIN number from the owner's lounge and then going to the shipping company web site and entering the VIN in the cargo ID window. It immediately told me that the car was received at the terminal on Mar 17 , loaded on Mar 23 and sailed on the same day. It also identified the ship and when it was due in NY. I am tracking the ship, the Don Juan, on this web site:-

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/zoom:9/olddate:lastknown/oldmmsi:564362000

The shipping web site I used was
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

Interestingly the dealer had conflicting information to that I had found, but after a day or so he agreed it was on the ship due in NY on Apr 2.

So maybe yours will be on the same boat. Incidentally the Owner's lounge has just been updated to show "En Route" five days after the journey started! Of course once it's landed who knows how timely the information will be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gave up on the owners lounge, 866 ask mini is much better. My car hasn't been booked yet. A lot of the vin #'s loaded are just before mine. Hopefully it will ship soon

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in the UK and my Cooper S has been built for a week - still waiting to be transported from the Oxford plant up to the distribution centre. Been no update on delivery since Monday - extremely frustrating, especially when MINI can ship a brand new Cooper S to the emirates before any of the UK customers, how long ago was that one built for it to be shipped to the UAE? Ridiculous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts