Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,621 Posts
As Volcanic says , th e cars leave the factory perfect. They are very proud of the ostrich feather dusting and paint finish which is very good imo and orange peel free. Your car has been washed en route at some point and did not leave the factory like that.

Reactions: VolcanicF54

·
Super Moderator
8,621 Posts
The finish superb but the paint is water based and soft, that plus the flat front mean it' easily chipped on the bonnet.

·
Super Moderator
8,621 Posts
PPF paint protection film. Our R series roadster is Midnight black metallic; quite soft imo! But it's black, our Nissan Navara is black and already has more teeny scratches than our mini and in spite of me being really careful a bird dropping removal scratched it to the point i had to use a v mild cutting compound. PErsonally I think a dark colour esp black and modern water based paints equals faint marks even with the most careful valeting but let's get real here-from a yard away it looks stunning and is well worth the agony!

Reactions: blackonblack

·
Super Moderator
8,621 Posts
It really depends on your dealer and how they treat the car; we've always been very happy; we;ve had two black and one dark brown car from them-Minis and they've been immaculate and free of swirls etc; can't say they stayed that way-first morning out in the Roadster and someone used the boot to rest their bags(all we can deduce,) and the strap buckles scratched it like mad-polished out fortunately! Touch black and it swirls! (am a qualified valeter!) . Maybe lurk round there and watch the valeters and what they are like or have a chat with the staff so they know you're fussy before making that decision! I see ours now advertise a machine polish!

Reactions: blackonblack

·
Super Moderator
8,621 Posts
Sorry yes,although I've not done the paint correction course yes just a complete vehicle clean course so I would say I'm a professional detailer as yet. Self taught in that respect.!

Reactions: SameGuy
1 - 5 of 5 Posts