Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

The SO's F56 S has a cracked side indicator light. It was this way when she bought it. I have a spare one from when I had to have some body work done. I can't seem to find a write up of how to replace the item.

Anyone have the know-how?

· Registered
1,189 Posts
The quick and easy way is to just pop it out from the top.

The correct and longer way (but also a better way to avoid scratches) is to open the hood and take off the cowls on the side of the compartment (three fat little plastic screws) and push out the indicator from the inside. No tools needed for any of this...maybe a coin for the screws. I was able to get them off with my fingers.

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The quick and easy way is to just pop it out from the top.

The correct and longer way (but also a better way to avoid scratches) is to open the hood and take off the cowls on the side of the compartment (three fat little plastic screws) and push out the indicator from the inside. No tools needed for any of this...maybe a coin for the screws. I was able to get them off with my fingers.

It looks as though the replacement light has some sort of adhesive foam backing to it. Is this how it is held in place? Was it as easy as just pushing on the light.

· Registered
1,189 Posts
It looks as though the replacement light has some sort of adhesive foam backing to it. Is this how it is held in place? Was it as easy as just pushing on the light.
I don't recall any adhesive, but it has been awhile. I've popped them out a few times.

Once to replace the bulbs with LEDs and then again to switch them back (I didn't like their brightness), then again when I switched to JCW side indicators.

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:

Super easy to do. The fender trim pops out from the engine compartment. I pushed it our far enough and replaced the light (after rubbing the contact area with grain alcohol). I snapped everything back into place and everything is right as rain.

Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.