Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the revised F56 which no longer includes the side sun visor (and secret compartment, and different cruise control button placement, no more cargo net etc).

Has anyone else used these now defunct side visor mount points for something else? Seeking some creative inspiration, otherwise I might just retrofit a side visor or another handle.

My ideas so far are:
1. Mount another dash cam pointing to the rear / GoPro.
2. Sunglasses case

Anyone else got any practical ideas?

Reactions: Skullee

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got a quote for the side visor. Around $300! And that didn't include fitting.
Put that idea on the back burner.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I got a quote for the side visor. Around $300! And that didn't include fitting.
Put that idea on the back burner.
Took me 5 minutes to find one at a US dealer for $60 (83A$). The only fitting required is two screws.

Part number 51167375953

·
Registered
78 Posts
Took me 5 minutes to find one at a US dealer for $60 (83A$). The only fitting required is two screws.

Part number 51167375953
Ah the Australia Tax........... I looked overseas and the freight was about a hundred dollars ( I think that was from the UK)

I notice that's the left hand side visor part number. I'm assuming they are different left vs right?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah the Australia Tax........... I looked overseas and the freight was about a hundred dollars ( I think that was from the UK)

I notice that's the left hand side visor part number. I'm assuming they are different left vs right?
Good question, not sure if it's the same part number we would need here in Aus... $300 for the Australian car accessory tax sounds about right :|

Hmmm, I wonder what else we could use this mount point for...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have just replaced my nearside grab handle with a sun visor. The hardest part was getting the handle off, needed to get a small flat blade screwdriver in to prize the caps off and then release the metal clips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts