Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have a mini of my own...yet, but I decided to look through the online manual since I plan on going to the dealership next week. One thing I read bothers me a little, something about making sure you don't lock anybody inside or they can not get out without "special knowledge". Then It made me wonder if the battery ever died would I be trapped inside? I was freaking myself out! So I decided I would just a get life hammer, there done. Then...I was reading about different tools to buy, and came across a story about how they only work on tempered and not laminated glass. So I was wondering, are the side windows tempered or laminated? Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
The car can be unlocked from the inside if you have the fob with you, I think they mean do not lock anyone inside and leave them without a key.

Why would the battery die while you are in the car? If there was enough power to get you in, there will be enough to get you out. I wouldnt worry about it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
When you are in the car the doors can be opened with the handle inside, power or no power. The deadlocks only come on if you lock the car with the remote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.