Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 cooper s hardtop with hardon karmon stereo but without satellite radio. what are my options for activating Sirius ?
thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you have $400 and a dealership all you have to do is ask. Or the cheaper way is to start coding and manage to get your hands on a Sirius activation code

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Your car has satellite radio prep, which means all the hardware is there, it just needs an activation code from SIRIUS and the time to program it. The codes aren't free though so your options are either to go to your dealer to retrofit (mine charges $425 including labor and 1 year of service) OR you can go 3rd party. Check out Bimmertech - they sell the codes for MUCH cheaper and can remote code it in for you or help you code it yourself if you are familiar with ESYS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your car has satellite radio prep, which means all the hardware is there, it just needs an activation code from SIRIUS and the time to program it. The codes aren't free though so your options are either to go to your dealer to retrofit (mine charges $425 including labor and 1 year of service) OR you can go 3rd party. Check out Bimmertech - they sell the codes for MUCH cheaper and can remote code it in for you or help you code it yourself if you are familiar with ESYS.
When you say check out Bimmertech, do you mean contact them and ask them? I just checked out their website and there isn't any place to shop for my '15 F55S but I want to get the activation code from somewhere so I can code my car and get Sirius. I'm fairly familiar with the coding as I've already done some "mild" coding on my F55S (i.e. closing windows with key fob, fog lights on w/DRL's, etc.)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yes, email them. They don't list MINIs on their site, but the activation code and coding process is exactly the same. On the other MINI forum I frequent, a couple F56 owners have gone through them to add Sirius and have had great results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am coming on the back end of this thread...2014 Mini Cooper S. I just discovered after ordering a new radio with Sirrus XM stamped on it that my current radio has the same. However, there is no Satellite Radio option on any menu on my radio. How do I get the option? No mode has it listed. Tks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts