Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i just ordered my British Racing Green MCS, super excited, expecting it here in India around December, so Im doing as much research as i can about the things i want to upgrade/change. The standard spec here includes run-flats, but i want to ditch them and go for a conventional tyre instead. Given the state of the roads I drive on, I'm pretty sure i need a slime kit AND a spare. Not to mention a little better ride (ive also specced the dynamic dampers)

The problem is that i don't want to give up boot space, and i managed to find out that the Mercedes SLK compact space saver spare is the same PCD and hole pattern as the MCS (5x112). They will bolt on, as for the diameter, the SLK has 45/70R16 spare, and my MCS will be wearing 205/55R16 standard so there won't be much of a problem as far as the Diameter is concerned. IF there is enough space to fit it under the "false floor" in the boot. If it fits, it'll be a sweet solution. I can't test it out till the car is here, so can anyone tell me the inside dimensions of the false floor space? Thanks heaps.:x

If this solution interests you, there is a NAM post that used the same idea but on a countryman (link:bit.ly/29XKSRR). The spares are available here for anyone interested (ebay: bit.ly/MbSpare4Mini)

· Registered
20 Posts
You might want to buy a jack because the MINI doesn't come with one.

· Super Moderator
8,918 Posts
I can't see any tyre fitting in my boot under the false floor.small. mini fit the cooper with an externally underslung spare.(3door of course 5 door is bigger)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.