Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
"Rev hang" is caused by the ECU and it's done, I think, for emissions purposes. This type of engine behavior started to appear in cars at least by 2007. I had a 2007 Mustang GT that had rev hang and my 2015 Cooper S does it as well. I HATE it! It seriously hampers the driving experience IMHO. I don't know that there is anything we can do about it at this time. It's not something that affects all modern, manual transmission cars. Since the Mustang I've had 2 Subarus with manual transmissions and neither one had rev hang.

My Cooper S is at the dealer right now to fix the broken AC evaporator (only 2,300 miles on the odometer...). I've got a Cooper S loaner with an automatic. I think I actually prefer the auto because the rev hang is not an issue. I've been driving for 18 years and never owned an automatic transmission (except my wife's car). Rev hang drives me so crazy that I am actually open to the idea of an automatic... sigh.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.